Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tongue Twister! Admiral Admirable.

#BanterSWAG
I'm cool now, right?

Another one of my dear friends gave me a late night banter topic - "Qualities of People You Admire."
NOTE: I admire A LOT of people...so I won't be able to get to ALL the admirable people. If certain people aren't mentioned, it doesn't mean I don't think they don't have admirable  traits because everyone does!
Ok, I'm going to try my best with this. I'm going to look at the little things and try to go off that.

**At good ol' Chick-fil-a, there are 2 boys that work in the kitchen who happen to be brothers. Over the year working with them, they have become like my older brothers and have helped me find happiness during the times at work when I just want to leave. I can ask them anything and they are willing to listen/give their advice. So if that could fit into a specific quality, I'd say it would be CARING.
** One of my best memories of high school was when I went to Sadie Hawkins. My date was phenomenal and has become one of my dear friends. Why? Because he is ADDICTED TO HAPPINESS. He is ALWAYS smiling, ALWAYS serving others and ALWAYS laughing. He truly finds joy in the journey. He never fails to crack me up and put a smile on my face.
**I have a friend who became ill while on her mission. I see her as my hero and she is an amazing individual. During this journey of healing, she has come face to face with what she has. She KNOWS she has it and she is working her tail off to get better. She doesn't hide what she has and isn't ashamed of the playing cards Heavenly Father has given her. She is so COURAGEOUS, I aspire to be like her.
**I have know this person since Junior High but they were more of an "acquaintance". We also went to Westwood with each other and during my Senior Year, this person was in one of my dual enrollment classes as a junior. They leave for their mission in 2 weeks and randomly last week, we hung out. And I wish we hung out more in the past because this kid is solid. He always has something to say and he is great to talk to! He doesn't care what other people think of him. He stands tall, with a smile and goes on with his day. This kid is definitely CONFIDENT.
**One of my closest friends, who has been on his mission for a year now, is HILARIOUS. Fun Fact: We went to Westwood with each other, and I loathed him. I used to think he was arrogant and selfish. But he graduated and then I graduated...and I found out he is one of the funniest people ever! He asked me on a date 3 months before I graduated, I was shocked. I gave it a shot and the date has been placed in my "Top 3 Best Dates" category. This kid no matter what can make anyone laugh. When you get him talking, you are practically holding your sides because you're laughing WAY too hard.
**This next category applies to A LOT of people. If I'm with a friend in the car and we're able to successfully "jam out to music"? I know I'll get along with them just fine. If a person says "I can't sing", I want to slap them. EVERYONE CAN SING, even if your voice isn't strong enough...don't hide your voice! A quality I love to witness in a successful jam out session is FEARLESSNESS. (which is probably not a word, but you get my point)
** So Math is not one of my strengths. And I have had plenty of Math teachers who would agree with that statement. I had two Math teachers at Westwood, Mrs Galas & Mr. Dominguez, who were the most MOTIVATING/SUPPORTIVE teachers I have EVER had. In both classes I was able to pass with an "A" because the teachers believed in me. They told me that I could do anything, even if I asked questions. They taught me that asking questions isn't bad! Do it as often as you like!
** Another person who I admire has the fine quality of HONESTY. She'll tell you like it is, and sometimes it stings. But I noticed that it has helped me grow. She was the Honor Choir President during my first year in Honor Choir and oh boy, I was SO scared of her. I wanted to be her friend but she was so intimidating. But I soon then realized how caring she is. She took me under her wing during my Junior Year (which was my roughest but BEST year in high school) and made me feel important. She taught me through her honesty to not be scared of anything and to embrace everything.
** Ok, I don't think this is a quality but...OH WELL. I love a person who can give AMAZING HUGS. If you're able to come up to me, embrace me and make me feel loved just through your hug? Kudos to you dude, that's practically a super power.
** A couple friends obtain this: AWESOME LISTENER. As you can tell, I talk a lot. And when I'm upset? I either don't talk at all or talk even more than which is humanly possible. I have had friends who just let me talk about how I feel and don't interrupt. They are there to make me feel loved and let me know that I'm not alone.

There are many other qualities that I see in people I admire, but alas, late night banter has a friend. And it's name is SLEEP. So to conclude, I see day by day people who amaze me with how they live their lives. They seek to make people embrace happiness and I appreciate those people SO much. PEOPLE - I challenge you to make a list of people and find a quality you like in them. Then, make a list of qualities you like about yourself. You'll begin to appreciate these people A LOT more and you'll also begin to be grateful for who you are.
 Because, guess what?
You're pretty sweet.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment