Monday, August 12, 2013

Banter and Emotions.

4336 miles apart.
    Today, I witnessed my friend be set apart as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was incredibly bittersweet and many MANY tears were shed. Chile is so stinkin' blessed to have my best friend, Lorelei-Marie, in their country. I'm so thankful for her example in my life.
(Ignore my swollen face....yes, I was crying like a child BUT GIVE ME A BREAK.)

Anywho. On to other banter!
    ---So as ya'll know, I work at a place where chicken is the main dish in EVERYTHING. Chick-fil-a. I have been working there since April 2012 and it's been quite a journey full of smiles, tears, anger and frustration. The journey has been one complete roller coaster ride....but on the ride, you're blindfolded. You never know how your day is going to go. Like for example, on Thursday in the the drive thru, a customer pulled up and gave me his number. And of course, I was covered in human made grease and I smelt like rancid chicken...but apparently that didn't stop him! WHY? Because today, Monday/4 days later, HE CAME BACK. Being a girl who doesn't wear makeup/ doesn't like makeup/ is afraid of makeup, LOVES to wear t shirts, hasn't had the greatest self confidence, it was a compliment. But at the same time, he now knows where I work and has no idea I'm leaving for my mission in 79 days. Well, tough.

    --- My father, being the smart man he is, told me this story:
"A business mans hops on a train to work. Across from him is another man with his 5 children who are running around, throwing things, pushing other passengers, etc. They were basically running wild. But the man just sat there. The business man sat there thinking, 'Why doesn't this guy control his kids?! They are being so rude!' Finally after the business man couldn't take it anymore he spoke up and said, 'Sir! Please control your children! They are running wild!' The other man looked up and spoke with a shaky voice, 'I'm so sorry sir, we just got back from the hospital where their mother just passed away...'"
    What would you do in that situation? Maybe help the other man? Instead of sitting and judging the man/his children, we should constantly look for ways to love others...even if we don't know their background. The rest of the story, the business man stands up and sits next to the other man trying to help him with his children. If you feel as if you're looking at others thinking they're rude or annoying, WHATEVER THE CASE MAYBE, try not to feel offended from their actions. They aren't giving you offense, it's impossible to give. The only way you can be offended is if you take it. You are taking the offense and deciding to be hurt from their actions. You can either choose to be offended or you can choose to love them, serve them in some way, ignore the things that bug you & smile no matter what.

   Well, that's it for tonight's banter..... if you want me to banter on a specific topic, tell me & I'll do my best. :)
Godspeed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment