Thursday, July 31, 2014

El Sol Sale Para Todos!

Hola mi querida familia! Como estan? Espero que todos esten bien y felices :) Esta semana era muy bien y tuvimos MUCHO calor!!!

Here is one of the days where we practically
burned up in the heat!
I swear the days and weeks go faster and faster. It's crazy to think that THIS Wednesday will be my 9 month mark. WOW!!! I am halfway done with the mission...I have no idea what to think anymore. hahaha!

Ok, the one thing about San Luis Potosi....it is SO HUMID AND HOT! And this week was FULL of walking and walking. There were plenty of times where I sang in my head, "Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and kept walking and walked some more and then some." ...haha!

TUESDAY: We had an awesome district meeting! We focused on Ch. 6 of Preach My Gospel. I love one the sentences in the beginning: "Just as vital as what you do, however, is WHO YOU ARE." We have the potential to become like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Christ has shown us the way and has set His perfect example for us to follow. If we want to be happy and successful not only our missions but our lives afterwards, we HAVE to follow Him. (3 Nephi 27:27)

We also taught our 9-year old investigator Diego and his younger 8 year old brother Luis in the house of their Aunt (Hna Paty Luna, member). The two boys were going to be baptized on July 26th, but their parents didn't take them to church like they said they would. So we moved their baptism to August 9th...but once again their parents did not take them to church like they said they would. Hna Luna called and called, we called and called...but nooo one answered :( 

We'll see what happens. But when we DID teach them, wow, they are definitely 8 and 9 year old boys, haha! We learned that we needed to separate them because teaching them together was 1098% impossible. Hna Luna went upstairs and it was up to me and my companion to control them. When I was teaching Diego, wow, he is SUPER smart and soaks in everything like a sponge. He did get distracted easily but I thought a lot about you dad in this moment. How would YOU teach these boys? And all that came to my mind was, "Love. Complete love." You truly love every single child in the world, Dad, like Christ did. I kept thinking of what you would do and I did it! I did not lose my patience ONCE in the lesson with them. I left the lesson with my companion and all I could feel was the Spirit so strong in my heart. I felt so much gratitude for your example, Dad. Thank you for teaching me to look at people through Christ's eyes. I truly feel love for Diego and Luis!

WEDNESDAY: I want to talk about some more awesome people: La Familia Espinoza Luna. They were ALL once less actives but they have been active for about a year now (yay!) ...except their 20 yr old son Rogelio who wants NOTHING to do with the church. This family has been through HECK and back. Rogelio was born with 1 kidney and has had health problems from the beginning of time. He was once a wrestler until, well, he received a blow to the one kidney he had annnnd that's when it all started. Because of ALL of this, he has no desire to go to church. 

Hna. Paty Luna (the mom) has diabetes and was once super inactive. Also the husband, Hno Rogelio Espinoza, was SUPER inactive. But you would NEVER EVER know now that they are always going through some sort of trial. They are loving, ABSOLUTELY hilarious and amazing people. Even though the son doesn't want to go to church, he receives us well and listens to our lessons :) They are the number 1 family who supports the work of the Lord the most. When they feed us, they feed ALL 6 of us missionaries. Why? Because they have never gone hungry/poor when they started to feed us. Hna Paty told us, "My son Rogelio would have died or been worse than he is right now, if we didn't feed the missionaries. Feeding and serving all 6 of you is a blessing and an honor." WOW. I seriously love la familia Espinoza Luna! 
Paty Luna, yo, Paty SaldaƱa...and her husband who is definitely
photobombing us with GREAT happiness....hahaha! Love these members :) 
Paty Luna apparently helped Hermana Calderon a lot when she was in the hospital, so I am forever grateful for her because she took care of my companion :))

VIERNES: I received a new calling! I am officially the ward piano player- I received a calender and EVERYTHING with all the hymns, haha! It did say in my Patriarchal Blessing to always be involved in music, I guess I am fulfilling that part :)

SABADO: The elders (when we were eating) told us a story that happened to them when they tried contacting a reference we gave them. The reference, a woman, answered the door and the elders introduced themselves. She told them that she was busy with something and as soon as she said, "I am going to shower," Elder Olalde, at the same time asked, "CAN WE HELP YOU?" bahahahahaha!!!! Her reply, "Uhhh...I can shower by myself." hahahahaha! He said he was SO embarrassed, but oh my heavens. I almost choked on my food when he told all of us that, it was SO dang funny!

DOMINGO: Pues, Diego AND Maria de Lourdes did not come to church :( I don't know what happened to Diego, but we visited Maria de Lourdes later that day. and she told us that she got called into work 7pm Saturday night and she left work 7am Sunday morning. OUCH. She also told us that she has A LOT of doubts :( but she wants to be baptized! She feels it is right, but to have a specific day? She doesn't feel ready because she hasn't felt a specifc answer. We taught her about prayer and the time of the Lord, we invited her to pray for a baptismal date that she could prepare for. Please continue praying for her!!!! 

But we did have a miracle happen at church, an investigator who lives in our area but has been taking the lessons in a completely different zone came to our ward! Her name is Roxanna and she is 18 years old. She has been investigating the church for about a year, has received ALL the lessons and has gone to church more than 82 times....she is SO ready for baptism! Also this week there is a YSA convention in Zacatecas and she is going! We have an appointment with her not THIS Tuesday, but the next :)

One of the members that accompanied us this week shared one of her favorite quotes: "El Sol Sale Para Todos." (Pres. Uchtdorf) "The sun rises for everyone." I don't know why but I could NOT stop thinking about this phrase this week!! I think it has become one of my favorite quotes. No one is exempt from trials, tribulation and heartache. And for sure, EVERYONE can experience JOY, laughter, and pure happiness. There is hope and peace in EACH trial, but it is only through Jesus Christ. In each night, there is darkness...but without fail, there is a beautiful sunrise in the end. That is a promise our Heavenly Father gives us. The sun rises for EVERYONE! :)

Keep strong, family! Les amo mucho y les doy gracias por su apoyo y amor. Thank you for supporting me these last 9 months. We are now in SINGLE digits...whoa!  Let's make these last nine months AWESOME! I am SO grateful for all of you!

Les amo y Dios les bendiga para siempre jamas! Nos vemos MUY MUY pronto....en nueve meses :)
Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

PS. The train bruises are going away! YAY!

Language Study.....SO HARD.
Look what I found en Walmart!! Gah, love my area, haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment