Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

We had transfers....
I GOT TRANSFERRED TO SAN LUIS POTOSÍ!!!! I am in Barrio Joyas 2, Estaca Benito Juarez Este :) Wow, I never thought I would see the day where I would leave Fresnillo!! I seriously felt like how you did, Dad. I thought the [Mission] President forgot me! Shoot, 7 months in my first area....and I am almost halfway done with my mission, hahahaha!

We received transfers last night at 10:30pm, so Hermana Fa'asa and I were up until 2:00am cleaning the house and packing....entonces, I am a bit tired - but I am happy! Apparently my new area is a GOLDEN area,  woohoo!!! :) My companion is Hermana Carreto, she's from Puebla, Mexico, and she is legit :) The computer won't show the pictures of us together, I will try next week! :)

Wanna hear a funny story? Guess who is one of my sister training leaders here in San Luis? Are you guessing? If you guessed, "Hermana Moreno," you guessed right. Yaaaaay…Hermana Fa'asa and I cried a lot while packing. I am DEFINITELY going to miss her. She didn't have transfers; she is still partying it up in Fresnillo :)

So, Carlos left town Wednesday to Friday (well, I think)...and we told him to call us ASAP when he was in town so we could prepare his baptism. Well, long story short - never called. So we didn't have his baptism, but he still wants to get baptized! But all I can say is, I was the seed planter :) Now the other missionaries can go reap him up!

Mari's new dog, "Mia"...the world's SMALLEST dog.
We visited Hermana Mari and we bought her a mug that you can right on with chalk. We wrote "Si Se Puede!" on it and we filled it with her favorite type of candy, paletas :) We gave it to her and she was STOKED! She could not stop smiling as she held it in her hands. I KNOW she can stop smoking...she is REALLY using her faith. I know she can do it! She even came to church on Sunday. She asked US to pass by her house at 8:15am to wake her up, then we passed for William (who wasn't ready and "had to take a shower" haha) and then we returned to walk to church with her! She came to church! :) Mari participated in Principios del Evangelio and, wow, the Atonement can help ANYONE - it is amazing to look back on how much Hna Mari has changed. I hope she never gives up!



Happy 'MURICA Day!!!! :)

How was everyone's 4th of July? We had a Zone Conference and Hna Fa'asa and I dressed up in red, white and blue. We would walk up to the other American Missionaries, "Happy 4th of July?" "Wait...what's today?" "Uhh...only Independence Day for the USA..." "OHHHH! I totally forgot!!!!" hahaha! Elder Flores talked about Aptitude and Attitude, and WOW, it was awesome! Aptitude is the capacity we have to do something. Our attitude will affect our aptitude. If we have a good attitude, our aptitude will grow! If we have a Christlike attitude in the mission, our aptitude will be overflowing with amazing things we can do! But we can only do them if we have Christ. Nothing is impossible if we have him not only in our lives, but in our hearts. I seriously loved this conference!

This describes our district PERFECTLY!
Gonna miss these missionaries! :)










Can I just say how much I LOVE the book of Mosiah? EVERYONE should read King Benjamin´s address! He is an amazing person and an example for ALL of us! My Spanish scriptures are CRAZY marked up, I might need NEW scriptures because I have found SO many amazing things. Me ENCANTA el Libro de Mormon!!! Es la palabra de Dios, es una guía y debemos userlo si quieremos regresar a nuestro Padre Celestial. DUH. haha.

I love you all and I am stoked to be here in San Luis Potosí. I have heard many awesome things about this area and the ward…they actually want to help us!!! WHOA. Miracle. hahaha!

Thank you for your support and your love! Take care of yourselves!!

Hermana Yañez and her granddaughters. We taught about
missionary work and did some practices with them :)
Con Amor,
Hermana Winsor

















Hermana Marta, investigator

This is Hermana Mari....yep....this is how she dresses normally in our lessons. JUST. LOOK. UP.

Coolest district leader EVER!



No comments:

Post a Comment