Wednesday, August 6, 2014

9 months, 39 weeks - 274 days!

SO I just received an email from Hna Fa'asa and CESAR GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! WHAT?! I am going to count that as my 1st baptism :) ...even though I wasn't there... haha!
Ignore my red face and fly-a-ways. We JUST had
returned home from a day of HARD work :)
BOOM! Look at me now- 9 months done and 9 more to go! SINGLE DIGITS PEOPLE!

Well, one of the things that happened on my 9 month mark... a man on a bike casually rode by REALLY close annnnnd...grabbed my rear end. Did I imagine his death? Yes. Did I feel 1100% violated? YUP. But don't worry, I received permission from the zone leaders that if it happens again, I can carry a rock in my bag to chuck at the man's head. In situations like this, charity does NOT apply.

This week was pretty genial: Elder Olalde and Elder Hermansen had a baptism for a woman named Marilou, who has 3 more months of life because of stomach cancer. It was the most powerful experience watching her being baptized by a young father who was JUST baptized 2 weeks earlier. The Spirit was SO strong during her baptism :) Later that day, there was a baptism for an 8 yr old boy, Nefia and Maria de Lourdes came! It took some convincing, "hermanas, I am tired...hermanas, I am lazy...blah blah blah." After 3 minutes of PURE persuasion, she came...and she liked the baptism A LOT! Heck, she liked it so much that she was more than willing to come to church! and she DID! She loved the testimony meeting and she said that she felt something strong. We passed for her in the morning and she was COMPLETELY ready :) It was a miracle-filled Sunday! We had THREE investigators come to church :)

Friday we had a zone conference, but this time when we talked about numbers, we talked about that the numbers are NOT important and shouldn't be our main focus: the people are the main focus. I swear I heard angels sing during this conference! 

Elder Hermansen talked about 1 Timothy 4:12, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." We need to represent Jesus Christ in EVERYTHING we do. Being "an example of the believers" is showing that you BELIEVE in Christ & His Gospel. We must show our love for Christ in our lives and through our obvious love for the Savior; we'll be able to draw others to Christ through our light. And when you are a believer, you aren't afraid to show it. 
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation 
to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Barrio Joyas missionaries :) Elder Olalde, Elder Hermansen
(makin' the creeper face), Hermana Albornoz and Hermana Vera
Elder Olalde then talked about "How can we have more investigators in Sacrament?" We NEED to have a strong testimony of the Sacrament before we expect to have investigators in Sacrament Meeting. He asked all of us, "When was the last time you REALLY paid attencion (how do you spell that in English?) to the Sacrament prayers?" How am I going to teach the grand importance of the Sacrament if even I don't even understand and I don't pay atención? It is 110% guaranteed that I will NOT have investigators in Sacrament. The Investigators need to understand the promise that "they may always have HIS Spirit ot be with them." and that nothing is impossible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That through HIS Spirit, they can receive the answer of what is true.
"And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon MY holy day." The Spirit we receive from La Santa Cena [the sacrament] will keep us unspotted & in peace :)

TAREA [homework]: This Sunday, pay atencion to the Sacrament Prayers :)

My zone leaders are awesome & I'm happy to be in the same ward as them. I just wanted to also add that on Sunday, I asked for a Priesthood Blessing from Elder Olalde. I needed some encouragement, realizing that you only have 9 months left on the mission and you haven't had ONE baptism...it is SUPER hard and emotionally draining. When they say, "Time isn't merciful..." it's frightening and true. He asked me, "What's goin' on?" All I told him was that I needed some strength. I did NOT go into specific information but yet, as he gave me the blessing, he blessed me with such specific things that met to my EXACT needs. The priesthood is AMAZING- Heavenly Father knows me and my needs. He used Elder Olalde to help me with specific things that I needed. After the huge amount of love I felt on Sunday, there is NO way I can deny that the Priesthood is the power & authority of God, our Heavenly Father.

Hna Carlsen, Hermana Garcia (super hilarious) y yo.
On Friday & Saturday, I went on intercambios with Hna Carlsen (she arrived to Mexico with me)! Her companion is Hna Moreno and she went with my companion. During intercambios, there was A LOT of "Come What May and Love it" moments, for example: We ate with the Garcia Family (AWESOME FAMILY!) 
and as I was sitting next to the wall, eating...part of the ceiling fell into my hair and food. It wasn't alot but it was enough to notice that...there was ceiling in my food. But, oh, how we laughed & laughed! Everytime they asked if I wanted food, I held up my plate to the ceiling and said, "No Hermana, I am waiting for some more of your ceiling to fall..it was incredibly delicious." We laughed some more! There is no reason for me to complain that there was ceiling in my food, when obviously I could pick out the ceiling pieces and laugh. As I continued eating, a little more fell into my food and I said, "Oh! Manna!" We were ALL holding our sides, we were laughing so hard. 

I loved this moment, because there was no reason for me to be angry or annoyed. I CHOSE to "come what may and love it" :) Hna Carlsen taught me this phrase by Pres. Hinckley, "You haven't failed until you stopped trying."

Pues, tengo 9 meses en la misión. Realmente, el tiempo no tiene misericordia. Sí, no tengo mi propio bautismo pero...uno de mis investigadores de Fresnillo fue bautizado. Cesar era un investigador por 5 años y a penas fue bautizado. MILAGRO! Yo no estuve en su bautismo, pero durante 7 meses enseñándole... yo puedo decir, he ayudado alguien a venir a cristo :) No he fallado y no quiero fallar. No voy a fallar, y no puedo porque Jesucristo esta siempre conmigo. Estoy tan agradecida por la carga que Padre Celestial ha quitado de mis hombros. Soy una misionera exitosa y feliz. Recuerde su Padre Celestial y SU voluntad, es SU tiempo :) El tiempo no tiene misericordia y esto significa que no debamos perder el tiempo...por que es el tiempo del Señor. Les amo mucho, mi familia y nos vemos MUY pronto. Después 9 meses, he sentido el tiempo corre mas aprisa. Lean sus escrituras, sean ejemplos de los creyentes :) Les amo y hasta la próxima semana :)

ADIOS!
Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

PS. I have sent letters to Madison Seaman, Danny and Melanie and Mom and Dad :)
Perfection.

We walked into an investigator's house, and they randomly have a pet hawk....WHAT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment