Thursday, August 28, 2014

Catching up

From Aubri's mom: The last 2 emails have been addressed to us, so this is an excerpt from both letters so that y'all are up to speed on her whereabouts.

August 18

Hey Mom & Dad,
So...this happened this week - ​Yup, I was in the hospital Tuesday and Wednesday.

Sunday, I had the "pins and needles" feeling in my stomach. Took some Pepto, but still had pain. That night it was SUPER painful and I didn't sleep. Monday, it was still there. We taught FHE with Hna Marta Acosta and I could NOT concentrate I was in so much pain. That night, it became extreme and I didn't sleep again.

Tuesday morning, my companions let me sleep in. At 8:45am, Hna Carreto woke me up, "We called Hna Villarreal, we're going to the hospital." Well, when we arrived, I felt even worse, dizzy, nausea, extreme pain in my stomach, bones and kidneys.

They did studies (took blood, x-rays, etc.) and then put an IV in my hand to take away a little of the pain as we waited for the results. We waited 4 hours in a teeny tiny urgent care room (w/o AC) and the gastrologist came in, "We're going to keep you overnight until Wednesday night, so we can do more studies."

They moved me to a hospital room and Elder Olalde came, gave me a blessing & helped me out of my extreme discouragement. haha! Las líderes capacitadoras came and visited me. The doctor put me on a PURE liqiud diet, but the problem is, whatever I ate, I felt like I was going to throw up.

Tuesday night, I did not sleep a lot. I am pretty sure I slept about 1-2 hours because the nurses were doing their job right and checking on me every other hour, hahaha :) Wednesday, the medicine they gave me had me in migraines and nausea.

The President and his wife happened to be in San Luis and they visited me also. President told me I would be having transfers to Aguascalientes so that I can get studies from the doctors over there, and so I can be closer to the President and his wife. But today we received transfers and I didn't receive transfers for Aguascalientes. I am confused but SUPER happy that I get to stay in San Luis Potosi. I love it here!)

Well, after they left, the doctor entered and showed me the results. The good news is, I DON'T have Typhoid! yaaaaay! BUT, I have something called Proteus. (Note from mom: I think that's what The Elephant Man had. Now who's confused?) 

I can't eat anything with lactose, grease, irritants, chicken. I have no idea what I CAN eat, haha. I left the hospital Wednesday night, Hna Paty Saldaña helped us get to the house. But the car ride to the house messed me up and I got super sick again. I was up ALL night. I was absolutely miserable Wednesday night/Thursday Morning.

The doctor gave me a super strong prescription to take away the bacteria, and pure bed rest for FIVE. DAYS. Oh my gosh, I was babysat by members and I was SO bored!!! I really do appreciate their support and help. But holy cow, SO BORING just sitting in a bed. Hna Carreto and Hna Albornoz left to work, and when they came back they never really talked to me. Well, it was a REALLY long week!

Hna Villarreal told us Saturday night, I could go to church on Sunday and work. Well, Sunday night I didn't sleep (same Friday night and Thursday night) so I was exhausted and since I hadn't walked a lot/hadn't eaten much in 6 days, I was SUPER weak/dizzy. We walked the 30 minute walk to the chapel and I barely made it through the 3 hours of church. Since I got more sick, I stayed with the mission leader's family. They let me sleep, fed me fruit and a little bit of bread. They really helped me A LOT, they talked to me and got me to laugh. Hna Gonzalez Diaz (mission leader's wife) helped me out A BUNCH. She reminded me a lot of you Mom :)

I returned to our house and none of us received transfers! I jumped for joy a couple times and I am still jumping for joy :) I love San Luis!

But yeah, please pray for me. I do NOT want to come home early. If I do get transfers to Aguascalientes and I DON'T get better, there is a 80% chance that I am going home early. I don't have words for how much I will feel like I failed. If I go home, I am afraid that I will feel like I wasted not only everyone's time here...but the Lord's time as well.

August 25

Well, I will be coming home this week. I am ready to get better physically and emotionally. I love you both and I really appreciate your support in this. I know this is what I need to do. As much as I want to stay here, I gotta return home. When I get home, can we go to the temple? I need that spirit there :) 

In Philippians 2:14, "Do all things without murmurings and disputings." I gotta do His will. He wants the best for me...well then, I have no reason to complain.

My new companions took me on a mini tour of
Aguas. Lots of catedrales here. When I first arrived,
they took us here...memory lane :)

















I am here in Aguascalientes in a trio with Hermana Canales (from Honduras..trainer. She is 27 years old, but looks like she is 18 years old), Hermana Miner (from Utah...trainee). They have been really good to me and have helped me out a lot in this rather difficult time. I know the Lord will prepare the way as long as we are obedient. He sent me these 2 awesome sisters to help me out before the return and I am FOREVER grateful for them :) 

Well Mom and Dad, I love you and I will be seeing you soon. The President hasn't told me the plan if I am returning, but all I know is, Pronto nos vemos. Les amo y gracias por todo que han hecho por mi. 

Adios :)
Hermana Winsor
The 6 foot 2 inches giant  Elder Olalde had transfers and is going to
finish his mission in Fresnillo!
I found hermana Eliason also, my twin! :)
The Aguas Trio :)
 This is what happens when you ask the elders to help you
take pictures....Elder Matos form Brasil and Elder Tebbs from Utah.
En Aguascalientes, preparing to go home...and saw Hna Fa'asa! :) 
A few tears were shed.. she speaks Spanish REALLY well, is 
happy all the time, and is really progressing!

This is the most awesome-est investigator,
Maria de Lourdes, who will be getting baptized 
Sept 27th :)
Before I traveled with the Presidente and his wife
to Aguascalientes, said goodbye to Hna Carreto.
September 15: Mexico Day! The stores are
FILLED with things of mexico. And this day
is a Monday soooo....we should definitely
do a Mexico family home evening :)







No comments:

Post a Comment