Sunday, May 4, 2014

Trainer: Week One, and SUPER unidad!

April 21, 2014

Wow WHAT A WEEK!

I am officially a trainer and I can't believe how exhausting is can be. But I have been LOVING being with Hermana Fa'asa, she is truly an example of HOW to use the Atonement. I love her and she has become one of my best friends.... 

FOR EXAMPLE: Sunday night we made a 20 day excercise plan that is INCREDIBLY intense and we started it this morning...... Oh my gosh, my legs and arms were a-shakin' ... but it felt SUPER bien! Our motto is. "Get fit! DON'T GET FAT!" Motivating....I know. Mom, you would be so proud. I have bought mangos, bananas, apples and kiwis :)


Ejemplo numero DOS:
Thursday started off really good.... awesome companionship study, we weekly planned...the whole 9 yards AND THEN SOME. The family we were going to eat with had to bring the food to our house because they were going to leave. They brought fish, rice and salad...I was pretty excited! We eat and we go out to teach. To make this story fast, we taught 4 lessons and we returned back home because we BOTH had stomach problems. And within 30 minutes, Hermana Fa'asa was throwing up in the sink and I was throwing up in the toilet. COMPANIONSHIP UNITY!!!!  Yeah, it wasn't fun. I felt SO bad for Hma Fa'asa, i mean, her SECOND day in Mexico and she got food poisoning. Bienvenida Hermana...bienvenida.  hahaha!

Please please PLEASE pray for my companion, she is going through the EXACT same thing I went through my 1st two months here: Fear, Stress, Homesickness, sickness in general, confusion, doubts.... Please pray that she'll have a desire to stay, I have been doing all I can to help her with her Spanish so that she can be confident, I have been being INCREDIBLY positive and supportive. I haven't been forcing anything, just teaching with love...because, well, I learned that forcing and being strict and easily annoyed is what can make your training MISERABLE.
Please pray that I can have the strength to help her and to love her no matter what. This companionship started out REALLY strong and awesome, AND I WANNA KEEP IT THAT WAY :) I fasted for her Sunday afternoon to Monday afternoon, I want her to feel like she NEEDS to be here.
 
Hermana Fa'asa curled my hair for church :) I LOOKED PRETTY! :) hahaha! I feel pretty, oh so pretty....I feel pretty and witty and WISE! :)
On Sunday we ate with the Sanchez Family for the first time and we found out, the dad speaks AND understands English. The mom and the two daughters don't speak English but they UNDERSTAND it! Hermana Fa'asa and I were SO happy! And it was SUPER weird speaking English! :) hahaha. I wonder how Mother's Day is going to go...I swear, English is so hard to speak now.

We visited Dolores on Friday and she told me something that made me sick to my stomach (not literally...I didn't throw up again). Her husband (they are separated, not divorced) came to her house last Friday asking her for something that she didn't have...and when she told him she didn't have it, HE FREAKED OUT and started beating her pretty violently, he put his hand on her throat and slammed her against the wall (as she described it to us) and screamed in her face pretty nasty things.

Her son, Jose Manuel, was on the other side of the house and heard his dad yelling and thought he was yelling at the dogs....until it starting getting ridiculous and he went to go investigate and saw his own father beating the "you know what" out of his mother.

He tried throwing his dad off of his mother but ended up being beat up WITH his mother. The dad left and came back about an hour later asking for forgiveness, and Hermana Dolores told us what she said, "I forgive you for what you have done, but know it will become INCREDIBLY hard to receive the forgiveness from your own son....and you are not allowed to return her ever again." And guess what he started doing? He came in and started beating her again. She showed us the handprints on her neck, I saw her incredibly black eyes and her bruised arms from trying to block.

Mom and Dad, thank you for always loving each other and teaching your children how to have a healthy marriage. Dad, thank you for always loving Mom. Mom, thank you for always loving Dad. Thank you for loving each other even when times are difficult. I have been so blessed to have such amazing examples in my life. 

Please pray for Dolores and her son that they might have peace. Many people think that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is just to be clean from your sins, but that is SO wrong. He suffered and died that we might find peace when the world comes in in its fury. He suffered and died that WE might be healed and that our cuts & bruises go away. I do not "think," I KNOW this to be true. I have heard my Savior's voice and I have been healed by Him.

3 He is adespised and rejected of men; a man of bsorrows, and acquainted with  grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we cesteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath aborne our bgriefs, and carried our sorrows: yet  we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was awounded for our btransgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him;and with his cstripes we are dhealed.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not hismouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Why didn't he open His mouth? Because He KNEW we needed His Atonement, He did it throughlove.

And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing ofnaught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it;and they smite him,  and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit uponhim,and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

And as he was scourged and beaten, what did He say on the cross? "Father, forgive them. For they know not what they do." We can find peace through HIM.

El es el camino. No hay otro camino, no hay otro hombre a donde podemos encontrar paz y consuelo verdadero. Solamente por medio de Jesucristo! Muchos personas olvidan de una parte BIEN importante de La Expiación. Sí, El sufrió y murió....pero no es todo. Él vivió después! ¿Que significa eso para nosotros? PODEMOS VIVIR, podemos DISFRUTAR esta vida! No estamos aquí para sufrir. Padre Celestial es nuestro AMOROSO Padre Celestial... jaja. Estoy TAN agradecida por mi Señor y Redentor, Jesucristo. Sí, la misión es difícil...pero no es imposible. Esta vida es difícil, pero no es imposible. Voy a cumplir SÍES MESES en la misión y no tengo UN bautismo. Pero, esta bien :) No estoy aquí para bautismos....estoy aquí para invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo. Hermana Fa'asa y yo estamos plantando las semillas en sus corazones. Estamos representando El Señor cada día, y le amamos. Estoy TAN agradecida por mi compañera y su deseo a estar aquí conmigo, su testimonio es FUERTE y estoy SUPER feliz con ella. :) Se que ella es una bendición para mi y se que mi Padre Celestial me ha dado el consuelo y paz que yo necesité. Soy un miembro orgulloso de la Iglesia verdadera, jaja :)
I love you all and thank you for your undying love and support. I literally feel your prayers every moment I am here, please keep praying for me and my companion! Keep strong! And venga lo que venga y DISFRUTALO! :)

Con amor,
Hermana Winsor :)

P.S. Thanks for telling me about your FIJI trip mom! AND YOU WENT SHARK DIVING?! Wow, you and Dad are crazy! But I love you still :) And I am going to be honest, I saw the picture where Dad is in flip flops, and I may or may have not laughed...but way to go Dad! :) And don't worry, you AND Dad are ALWAYS in my prayers. Good luck with the move and be sure to send me more pictures of the house! :) Love you mom!! :)
THUG LYFE!




No comments:

Post a Comment