Friday, May 9, 2014

6 months!!! I DID IT!

Cinco de Mayo

Wow, I really can't believe I have been out here for a whole 6 months! So many of the Elders have told me, "Watch Hma. Winsor, it is going to FLY by." Aw, crap. It is ALREADY flying by! To think I have less than a year now....it kind of worries me. I want to live EVERY moment of my mission and I do NOT want to waste this time, for it is precious. I am grateful for the past 6 months, even if they were RIDICULOUSLY hard. I am grateful for each and every experience I had. I am grateful for my increased/strengthened testimony. I am grateful for the GIFT OF TONGUES that Heavenly Father gave me.....I love the gift of tongues, especially when you are in Mexico. bahaha. ANYWHO, my goal is to live up these next 12 months!

So on Monday, I found out that I DO have Typhoid! Yaaaay. Oh well, I'll be fine! :) Thursday we went "prescription shopping", hahaha. I am not allowed to eat chile, nor drink soda, I am officially not allowed to drink milk (only Soy)...fruits and veggies ONLY. The doctor even told me that I canNOT eat the tortillas for awhile....uhhhh, does he not know that'll be a TAD bit impossible? hahaha. Oh, well...we'll see how this goes. 
Me being a joyful missionary ... with my new prescriptions.
Tuesday we actually ate GOOD food that did NOT give us food poisoning! POR FIN! We ate with the Lopes Yañez Family, so it makes sense....I have NEVER gotten food poisoning after eating with that family. :) Hermana Lopez showed us that she was making yogurt and she showed us the way she was making it.....and it's pretty strange! She fills a bowl with milk and puts these non-moving, non-breathing animals in the milk, called "bulgados". And they ferment the milk, making it more thick! She brought a bowl in to show us and they literally look like pieces of sponge put into a bowl of milk. hahaha! But it was pretty awesome :)

Also, every last Tuesday of each month we have a district meeting in ENGLISH! (I hear angeles cantando!) And like before, how I was the ONLY American in my district. Now there is only Elder Velazco whose native tongue is Spanish and Hermana Ferrar (from Puerto Rico) but she speaks Ingles. It was weird hearing English even though I hear it from my companion allllll the time. I am very grateful for my district! I love them all so much, we all get along so well and no one is left out :)
Yo and all of my medications throughout 6 months being on the mission...bahaha, how pathetic.
"Let us welcome our new drug cartel member, Hermana Winsor." -Hermana Fa'asa
We are making piñatas with Hma Dolores again, Hma Fa'asas first time! And Hermana Dolores told me to help my companion learn...awww....I have officially graduated from being a student to a TEACHER! haha
So Cesar has a baptismal date for MAY 31st and I am going to beg EACH and EVERY person that is reading this....PRAY FOR CESAR! He has been MORE excited than any investigator with a baptismal date...and I do NOT want him to lose that excitement. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I have been praying and fasting that he'll keep strong!

Hermana Fa'asa and I are still sticking it out strong. She is getting better with her positivity and her patience with everything. She definitely reminds me of, well, ME when I first got here. The culture shock, the language...EVERYTHING. It's hard, but if I could endure...she definitely can too :) On Monday and Thursday, going to farmacias and doctor appointments, I have been really blessed to have a companion that sticks it out with me and who always supports me. I know we are seeing MORE success in our area because her and I have not only become companions....we've become friends! (That was SUPER cheesy....but it's true. hahaha) I really struggled before and was depressed....and then Heavenly Father sent Hermana Fa'asa to give me hope! :)

On Friday, I woke up with a cold... yes, influenza one day...typhoid the next and then a cold! hahaha. The weather changes REALLY quickly here, for almost the whole day it could be SUPER humid and SUPER SUPER hot and then it's the evening time and it is cold outside. It's so confusing, MEXICO MAKE UP YOUR MIND! hahaha. 

Hermana Mari is doing really well, we visited her on Tuesday and I asked her, "Okay Hma. Mari, it has officially been a week since LAST Tuesday, how many times did you smoke?" And she looked at us, "2 veces..." I have learned that when someone does something you DON'T want them to do, you do NOT get angry with them and say, "Why can't you just do THIS...why can't you just do THAT?" No. If you do that, you are a fool. hahaha.  No, I congratulated her and then we made a goal for her that she will not smoke AT ALL this week.. tomorrow, we will see! She even walked to church by herself yesterday, my heart rejoiced seeing her walk into Sacrament meeting :)

Well, this week was a lot better even if I was sick practically every day again. But that's okay! My body is just working :) haha. I love you, family. Thank you for being such a blessing in my life! Please stay safe and take care of yourselves. Mom and Dad, I have been praying that the move is going well! I hope you are feeling my prayers, because I pray for each and every one of you SPECIFICALLY! :) Les amo mucho y cuidanse MUCHO MUCHO. Recuerde, su Padre Celestial les ama mucho y les conoce. Nunca olvidalo! :)

Adios y Dios les bendiga! 
Con amor, (y tifoidea ...)
Hermana Winsor

We played soccer for P-day with our zone....and it was boring :( The Elders are BALL HOGS! hahaha. It's okay, I forgive them. THIS TIME. haha.


Hermana Ferrar (de Puerto Rico) and I waiting on the side lines with our team to switch out. :)


In Mexico, to promote a circus that would be coming to your town....they drive around with speakers and ANIMALS IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCKS! The cage the lion was in, was like a cage you'd put your dog in....it was NOTHING! But it was SO awesome! I got so close to a REAL lion!


​I am telling you....I was REALLLLY close! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment