Sunday, May 4, 2014

Proud member of the "I Had Influenza Club," now may be joining the "I Had Typhoid Club"

April 28, 2014

To start this letter correctly...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Danny!!!!!! I hope you are partying up with Mel! :) haha. Oh and I saw the picture of you in MY LEOPARD TIGHTS. And after reading Mel's letter of your leg and butt hairs poking through, I beg of you....please burn those tights.BURN THEM. hahaha :) LOVE YOU!

And I received these beautiful things which made me crack up super hard...and they made everyone else question "If Hermana Winsor really is Mormon..."


Bahahaha I laughed SO hard as one of my zone leaders brought me these packages with such CONFUSION on his face. Everything was in there, unharmed and untouched :) Thank you for your support Mom, Dad, Melanie and Danny! Thank you for the pictures and letters AND FOOD! :)
And thank you mom for sending me the dress & my favorite shirt & MY IPOD! I kid you not, I cried when I started playing it...I literally have missed music SO much :) I LOVE YOU ALL!! :) Melanie thank you SO much for sending so many pictures!!! :)

So I will most likely get my first baptism THIS SUNDAY! Lemme explain- there is a member who lost every single bit of her membership papers...so there is no evidence that she was baptized, only like 4 pictures of her baptism. (she was baptized in 2010) So the secretary asked US to visit her and set up a baptismal date. We visited her this week and she is being baptized May 4th. So technically right now, she's not even a member! Yeah yeah yeah "BUT AUBRI...." I KNOW. But it's a baptism. *positive mind positive mind*

We visited the Garcia Family this week and some of the grandchildren were over that lived in Zacatecas. One of them is named "Alexis" and HE is 7 years old. And oh. my. heavens. I have never met such a smart 7 year old in my LIFE! We started off the lesson asking Hermano Garcia who he'd like to say the opening prayer and he points to Alexis with a HUGE smile... and wow, I have NEVER heard such an intense prayer, "Father in heaven I am SO happy to be alive today. Because Father there are A LOT of wars going on and bad stuff happening....but I will NEVER stop believeing in you. I will always believe in you because I know you are ALWAYS there..." It went along those lines, and sat there listening to the prayer with my jaw dropped. The Spirit was SO strong and I really am starting to have to evaluate my own prayers.... because Alexis, I feel like, was REALLY talking to his Heavenly Father.

We had an awesome experience with Martin after 2 weeks without seeing him. Hermana Fa'asa and I headed over, and they received us! His mom, his sister Karen and he were there. We taught about prayer because we really want him to know the importance of not just talking TO our Heavenly Father but talking WITH his Father. We asked to hear if they had any experiences with prayer and Martin started to laugh, and he told us THIS...

"The 2 weeks that I hadn't seen you and Hermana Moreno...I felt as if something was missing. Every Sunday that I didn't go to church...I felt as if something was missing. I wasn't happy for the full 2 weeks. I knew I didn't have the Spirit with me. And about 30 minutes before you came, I prayed, begging my Father in Heaven to send the sister missionaries to my door. And in 15 minutes, you knocked on my door! I can't describe what type of joy I feel right now...I feel like I have an answer of what I should do. I can't go to church THIS Sunday but the next Sunday, I promise you I am going."

MY JAW DROPPED. How obvious can an answer from our Heavenly Father BE?! hahaha! After praying to MY Father in Heaven to touch Martin's heart, it has happened! And I sense a baptism in the NEAR NEAR future! :)

This week has had it´s ups and A LOT of downs. Hermana Fa'asa is adjusting and has been sick after every single meal...and so have I... so we worked very little this week. We put a lot of baptismal dates and we have many in the future and when we were working, we contacted A LOT .... but we have been pretty beat up. One of our Zone Leaders, Elder Boyce, asked me this week what are my symptoms because it's the same thing every time I am sick. I told him and he told me that everything I have, he had before he was diagnosed with TYPHOID. Yep. Typhoid.

I learned that Typhoid can also come in the form of bacteria and there is not a vaccine for it, it is just something you have to live with until it goes away. Elder Boyce has had it for about a year...and he strongly encouraged me to call the medic. I talked to Elder Boyce yesterday because I (I am going to be honest) was SUPER SUPER sick yesterday. Kidney pain, diahera, vomiting, stomach pain, random exhaustion.... the whole 9 yards. And today I have an appointment with the medic at 3pm to get some studies done to see if I really do have Typhoid. Influenze, kidney infection...why not Typhoid next? :) hahaha. I am going to start making tshirts or something....
 
Who has 2 thumbs and has hit their 6 MONTH MARK? THIS HERMANA! :)
Well, I have officially hit 6 months on my mission...27 of April makes it one more year till I will be heading back to AZ. It's weird thinking how fast time flies when you are on a mission. Beginning my mission thinking, "Why did I EVER want to do this?! Am I insane?!?!" now thinking, "I can't imagine my life without my mission." Yeah, it's still hard. I still get home sickness......but I don't know where I would be without my mission. This is the best decision I have ever made. I am so happy that I was and am worthy enough to be serving my brothers and sisters here in Mexico. We were walking to an appointment and I thought what my life would be like after my mission...and I seriously can't imagine. It feels like home here, which is weird to say.

But I have gotten so used to the fact that, hey, life is going to be hard....but it is THROUGH you. You can make it even more hard by your attitude....or you can go, "Hm. Well, that was rough but TOMORROW is a NEW day!" For the past 6 months I have fought to find the positive in EVERYTHING.

I even have done what Dad had always said to me when I was super negative, "Aubri, the sun is SHINING. The earth is turning on its axis. You are breathing. You have 2 arms and 2 legs. You are healthy." I have heard that SO many times coming out of Dads mouth....but now I know why.

We have SO many reasons to be positive. This world is full of positivity, but we CHOOSE to point out the negative. We see the negative because we choose to see it. I have fought to see the positive and to be blind to the negative. Yeah, I might find out today that I have Typhoid....but I don't have cancer, it doesn't mean I am going home early, I don't have any broken limbs... It could be worse and I could give up (like I almost did when I had Influenza), but really, it's the cards I have been dealt with. And I am happy to be a missionary, I am happy the Sun is SHINING and the Earth is spinning on it's axis. I am happy I was given the blessing of serving my mission in Mexico. I am happy that I KNOW the Church is true. I am happy that I have such a wonderful family who loves me and supports me. I am happy that I am a daughter, sister and aunt of the Winsor Family. I am happy, I am overjoyed. I will remain that way til the day I die! I will be positive. :) And I will keep smiling! :)

I love you Family and Friends. Thank you for your undying support and love for me. Thank you for your cards & packages. My heart always leaps for joy when I see and card and/or package for me. I pray for each and every one of you EACH moment I have the opportunity to pray. You are always in my heart and I love you all! :) 

Keep praying for my companion, pray that her body will adjust quickly and that she will feel like she NEEDS to be here. I love her and I am blessed to be her companion and trainer :)

OH and TOMORROW IS HERMANA CALDERON'S BIRTHDAY! Email her!!!leah.calderon@myldsmail.net <----email :="" haha="" her="" o:p="">

Les amo mucho y cuidase mucho por favor. Dios les bendiga :) 
Con Amor,
Hermana Winsor

P.S. OH! May 11th I will be talking to [mom and family] for MOTHERS DAY! The plan is to start 4pm (Mexico time) and I think Arizona is 2 hours behind...so it should be about 2pm for ya'll---- if anything changes I will let you know! :)


Conferencia de Zona con el Presidente y su Esposa! 
Hermana Romero (lider capacitadora), yo, Hermana Fa'asa, Hermana Azuara (lider capacitadora), Hermana Villarreal, Hermana Bingham, Hermana Ferrar, Hermana Eliason, Hermana Ortiz, Hermana Flores, Hermana Tepox


Happy church day!


Hermana Fa'asa bought glasses to protect her eyes from the wind too :) Naturally, we took pictures.



We made TARTAS with Hermana AydĂ© (Araceli´s daughter) Seriously when I am getting back, I will teach you how to make them THEY ARE SO GOOD!


Homemade....and oh so delicioso.



No comments:

Post a Comment