Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Almost get attacked by a dog and FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES! :)

May 12, 2014

Almost get attacked by a dog and FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES! :) So nothing happened, but we were walking to a district activity and as we were walking down a certain street, I see a REALLY pretty dog! So what do I say? "Awww hola puppy!" AND IT FREAKS OUT!!! It comes at me barking and trying to bite my feet, while my companion and I are screaming and then finally Hermana Fa'asa lets out a "Zena Warrior Princess" scream -WAAAAHHHHHHH! And the dog runs away....... well, uh.... cool. hahahaha! Our hearts were racing, but we were DYING laughing!

(When we went to Aguascalientes to work with Hermana Fa'asa VISA. This is the sign in front of the Mission Office)


I REALLY enjoyed our talk on Sunday, Mom and Dad :) That was the first time I cried A LOT after hanging up and then 30 minutes feeling relieved. When we talked during Christmas, it took me a whole day to really "recover" haha. 

​(Look at ya'll...just so adorable :) )


So one of the major things that happened this week was, we visited Lourdes and we have been teaching her since December. And she ALWAYS receives us REALLY well! But the thing is, she never EVER wanted to say the closing prayer. "No estoy lista...no estoy lista, hermanas." GAH. It's so frustrating because she tells us she prays in her house. We ask her and ask her but she never does it.

Well, we go visit her en Jueves and we teach her about service. We end the message and I look at her, "Hermana, will you saying the closing prayer?" "Aw Hermana, you know I can't..." "Hermana, I know you can. Even just a small one....it is praying!" She then looks at me and SHE STARTS TO PRAY!!!! I could not stop smiling as I she prayed.

When she ended, I gave her a big hug congratulating her, "Your Father in Heaven is SO proud of you!" It was a great feeling and I smiled for the next 3 hours! haha.

​We also taught Cesar, and he is STOKED to be baptized, but he is having a problem with church attendance....like they ALL do. haha. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he told us that he had been drinking coffee since he was little....but he was more than WILLING to try to drink something else. It was so awesome, it's starting to get freaky how relaxed he is with everything. We have to move his date back another week because he misses some church meetings. GOSH. DANG IT. JUST GO TO CHURCH! hahaha!

Then on Friday we had interviews with the President and his wife. I am SO grateful for them and their love for each & every missionary. I didn't really enjoy the part where President made me call you Mom and only talk to you for only 3 minutes. hahaha! I definitely cried a bit after we hung up, Mom. :) But I PROMISE I AM FINE! Typhoid is just another story to tell when I get home, along with having Influenza....and almost getting attacked by a dog. It is ALL good!

When we went to Aguascalientes on Tuesday, we left at 6 o clock in the morning, we arrived 9 o clock in the morning and then we get a taxi, tell him our directions to the mission office and he goes, "Uhhh ok.... I don't really know where that is, but I will try." Then he drives us but then after 10 minutes driving, he pulls over and basically tells us, "I don't know where I am going, get out."

We get out and I start to panic a little bit because, well, it is not our area! I call the mission office and they tell us to pull over another Taxi and tell him to go to a certain Colonia. We do that and arrive at the Mission office FINALLY.

The day was really long and I am trying to stay positive for Hma Fa'asa, but she is exhausted blah blah blah. We are both exhausted and had a pretty rough day and we returned home, well, not happy. Hma Fa'asa went to bed early and I just felt bad for how events played out that day and how we went to bed "angry". I wrote her a note saying I am sorry and put it on her desk and waited til the morning. Well, the next morning I woke up with food poisoning so I was in the bathroom all morning and when I returned back, I found a note from Hermana Fa'asa on my desk saying she was sorry...we hugged and laughed of our ridiculousness, now we're good. :)

To allll who are going to serve a mission, when you have problems with your companion WORK IT OUT! Don't just "Let it go"!! Do NOT think that things will just go away, no, WORK IT OUT!!!!! I love my companion and I learn from her every day.


Go to this website to read an AWESOME talk by Elder Jeffrey R Holland about Missionary Work and the Atonement. I love this talk and it has truly given me A LOT of comfort about the mission. It has truly helped me understand why missionary work/the mission is SO HARD! 

"If you wonder if there isn't an easier way, you should remember you are not the first one to ask that. Someone a lot greater & a lot grander asked a long time ago if there wasn't an easier way."

I LOVE THIS because it is so true! We are NEVER ever alone!

I love you family, thank you for all that you do and for all your support. I am happy and I love this mission :)

Mom, I love you. I thank my Heavenly Father each day for giving me such an AMAZING Mom! Thank you for teaching me and preparing me for my mission. I have no idea how I would have done this mission without you helping me. I love you Mom and I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day! FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES! Te amo :)

I love you all! Dios les bendiga!
Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

 
Boom. Proof that I wear the dress! Hma Fa'asa took this picture as we were waiting for investigators to come to church.... :) (From Mom: Mentioned in our Skype chat that we hadn't seen "the green dress" yet in her photos. This is the poor garment that was held for ransom along with her Easter candy and iPod in Guadalajara before being returned to me a wrinkled mess. Glad it finally arrived...$50 dress totaled $157 in postage to ship - twice.)
We played soccer today for P day as a district and the ball flew over the fence. Elder Ouderkirk climbed over
and we decided to shoot this photo :)
We also bought a huge Coca Cola bottle and Mentos....it wasn't very exciting. haha!
Elder Ouderkirk was super excited and then became disappointed after the poor result. Poor kid. haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment