Wednesday, January 1, 2014

RAIN!!! y FELIZ DOS MESES EN LA MISION!!!

So, when it rains in Mexico.... IT POURS...for 2 weeks! There are literally RIVERS in the street!!!That is why I didn’t email yesterday.... all the cibers were closed!!! Lo siento! I am safe! I have VERY little time! But I will try my best... and I don’t have my camera with me... so no pictures but NEXT week there will be A LOT of pictures :)

FIRST!!! Jose Manuel... CONTACT!! :) He has NO idea who Mormons are and we had a lesson with him where he just asked questions and we answered! We also taught Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial and when we talked about the Atonement he asked, “Why?” ...and then I truly experienced the gift of tongues, I know it is real!!! OH and we taught him one lesson, invited him to church and HE CAME - to all 3 hours - Oh it was a MILAGRO!!!!

Next investigator is a former investigator, Maria Dolores. She is a LOVING and wonderful woman who has a STRONG testimony in Jesus Christ. Her daughter passed away a couple years ago and when she did pass away (in her mother’s arms at the hospital), Maria said she thanked God for the time He gave her with her daughter and the gift he gave her to bare children....WOW. I testified to her, I know you will see your daughter again... and she won’t be sick and you will be able to live with her FOR FOREVER after this Earthly life. And Maria replied, “Yes.... I know, and I cannot wait for that day to live with my daughter and my Savior Jesus.” OH MY GOSH. What faith!! I love Hermana Dolores.

Next, one night in Mexico (during the crazy rain) we woke up to a LOUD BOOM! I almost thought it was thunder, but it was too quick and too loud. Ohhhh the life of being a missionary, haha! Oh and today (New Year’s Eve) we have to be back at our house at 8pm instead of 8:30 because once 12am comes, gunshots.... MANY gunshots - hahahaha! I don’t know why but being on a mission cracks me up. The danger, the insanity.... it’s all worth it because I know I am safe because I have the LORD. Boom. Done.

OH! I GAVE MY FIRST TALK IN MY WARD - IN SPANISH!!!!!!! It was 3 pages long - I was SOOO nervous! I never gave a talk in la CCM but right after I talked with Mom & Dad on Skype, el Obispo asked, “Hermana, will you give a talk? ‘ Pues.... I can’t say no, haha! But it went well! And it was another testament that the gift of tongues is REAL!!!

Navidad.... oh man. Navidad in Mexico is BEAUTIFUL! Tamales, tamales, ponche y MAS COMIDA! We received bags and bags of candy from the members. And man, I love the hospitality here.... the members are SO kind. After the Skype session, mom and dad, I still cried like a baby! Man, being a woman/missionary...my emotions are crazy! But I love you mom and dad, thank you for your support and love.... I miss you like crazy!

Oh and MOM! Mexico has a SECOND NAVIDAD! El Dia de Reyes! 6th de Enero... and the funny thing is, I will most likely receive your package on that day... PERFECT!!!!

Please pray for Manuel and for Hma Dolores. Please pray their hearts will be open to the gospel and especially God’s love for them. PLEASE pray.

Please know that I love you all. I feel your prayers and your support... and it is CRAZY hard here. Know that Jesus Christ died for each and every one of us... I am SO grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

 I love you ALL!!! 
-Hermana Winsor

PS. Happy 2 months on the mission to me!!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment