Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Oh boy, where do I start!?

We taught Miguel for the FIRST TIME! He is ready for baptism but is having trouble with his family but he loves the Book of Mormon. Oh did I mention HE IS 16 YEARS OLD?! Yeah. Crazy. Oh and after our lesson, we went to contact some menos activos and Miguel came with us and showed us around Fresnillo. He is an INCREDIBLY kind young man. Pray for him and his family. We also taught Teofilo, menos activo, tiene 70 years old y he can't hear SQUAT. Which is hilarious for me because of my broken Spanish:

Me:      "¿Teofilo, que significa Dios en su vida?"
Teofilo: "¿Que?"
Me:      "¿TEOFILO, QUE SIGNIFICA DIOS EN SU VIDA?"

But the cool thing is that his wife, who isn't a member, was there and she felt the Spirit. It was truly amazing.

We have no idea what happened to Giselle. (He-sell) We taught her once, it went great and we even set up a new appointment, but she wasn't there and she hasn't been at her house ever since. I think she is on vacation con her familia... at least that is what I hope. 
Mission Christmas activity in Zacatecas. I am the only "gringa" missionary.


I love my zone!!!! My district is hilarious. Elder Moncur, Elder Vercruz, Elder Ortiz, Elder Ibañez y nosotros. Elder Ortiz y Elder Ibañez are SO funny and incredibly helpful with my Spanish... but they did give me a regalo ... it was one of those "toy" tattoos that you make with water yada yada yada. Well, the tattoo is "Wera"... which means "white girl" in Español. Bahahahaha! It was hilarious. 
My new companion Hma. Moreno, from Sonora, Mexico.


Navidad en Mexico is AMAZING!!!!!! Comida Comida Y MAS COMIDA! Our ward had an activity with SONGS, like, thousands of Christmas songs, and comida, and dances. I love Christmas here! Also, the Relief Society bought us blankets because they knew we were freezing in the night! GAH. Miracle!!!!! I am officially warm every night. And they gave us bags and BAGS of dulces. Y Miguel AND Teofilo were there!!! I am loving Mexico.
 
I found Hma. Calderon, my first companion at the MTC.
The Relief Society heard we were cold at night, and gave us blankets for Christmas.
We also had an actividad en Zacatecas with 2 zones and the mission president. And guess who was there! HMA CALDERON!!! I was going to cry I was SO happy to see her!!!!! All of us gave gifts to each other and of course, we ate MORE FOOD. Tamales y salsa SUPER picante. 
 
Comida, comida y MAS comida!
Christmas with my mission president and his wife, Pres. and Hma. Villarreal.
We also taught Soledad, investigadore. Wow. Teaching her about the Atonement and having her WHOLE family there in a teeny tiny living room.... I cannot explain how MUCH the spirit was there. For 4 years her husband sexually abused her and yet, she still loves God. We sang, "I Stand All Amazed" at the beginning and SHE said the opening prayer. HER testimony strengthened mine. Only through our Savior Jesus Christ can we do it ALL.

Oh and whoever is called to Mexico on their mission, you will be HUMBLED pretty dang quick. I have eaten at homes where they pull out there FINEST silverware and cook their finest food for you, and they won’t even START eating until you have food in front of you. I am humbled and blessed to be here. I love each and every family here. I am BLESSED.

I can NOT wait to talk to you [on Christmas]!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

-Hermana Winsor


No comments:

Post a Comment