Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Can you believe?

Can you believe that I have 10 more days left in the MTC?! Where has the time gone?! :)

This past week has been full of ups and downs - pero eso es la vida de un misioneria! We said goodbye to 2 districts on Sunday before they left for the field the next morning - THAT was muy dificil! Pero, it also made me even MORE excited to go. I canNOT wait to get to Aguascalientes!

Oh and um, pues, I am officially the Sister ZONE Training Leader. Whaaaat?! Yeah, and we only have 6 hermanas in our whole zone and I only have 10 days left. Well, better work hard these next 10 days, no?

So Carlos has been going to Church and preparing for baptism REALLY well!!! He is also praying with his wife Maria and even Maria went to church with him!!! ORALE!!!! And our previous lesson with Merido actually went really well THANK GOODNESS GOSH DANG IT! I was getting so frustrated - but I literally wrote his questions on a piece of paper and studied the HECK out of them. And then when his lesson came, I was able to confidently answer them. And as we taught him, I felt as if we were tearing the wall down between us. It's an amazing feeling:)

One of the scriptures we shared was Abraham 3:24-25 and we taught that we are here to PROVE ourselves. Heavenly Father lets a little suffering to happen so we can learn to TURN to him! It was awesome!

Here's a volibol update: getting better, we received 2 new elders who are taller than 6'5" and they both are AMAZING at volleyball. But they get me super pumped because all they do is palm the ball/spike the ball. My goal is to block a spike one day! :) Bruises still cover my knees and I'm sore all the time - but it's good, right?

I HAVE MY FLIGHT PLANS FOR DECEMBER 9th!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! I have to be at the travel office at 2:30am .... good thing El Evangelio es VERDADERO! :) But here is the plan, THIS NEXT P DAY, I will tell you when I will call. I can call at the airport either in SLC or Dallas Airport. But December 9th, be prepared for a phone call!!! :) :) Yep, you heard me RIGHT! PHONE CALL! (I almost forgot what a phone was.)

We have had some awesome devotionals...
1. Michael John Teh: We sang "Jesus Once of Humble Birth" in the choir. Elder Teh talked about Hastening the Work of Salvation and how we should be like Ammon and Alma the Younger.
"Gone are the days where they say 'There they go!' and here are the days where they say 'HERE THEY COME!!'" -Holland
How will my mission end? Like Ammon's and Alma's?
How do I want my "story" to end for my mission?

2. El Dia de Accion de Gracias: ELDER RUSSELL M NELSON came and spoke!!! :) :) I was in the SAME room as another apostole de Dios! His wife spoke about 1 Cor. 13:11 My mission is to grow me from being a child to un mujer. "Let your mission change you!" I love that. LET it change me... LET the Atonement work. Also, Elder Nelson asked the missionaries some questions:

"What are you grateful for?" (I'm grateful for the mountains I get to climb!)

"What do I want to gain from my mission?" (I want to gain Charity and Love. I want to constantly see others as children of God, no matter what!!!!)

He also talked about our converts and our choice to serve a mission. "You will be called 'blessed' by those who you bring happiness to - YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED, so never forget your converts." Also, I cannot be a distraction to my companion(s) and investigators. I am a representative of Jesus Christ, I can NEVER forget that. 
"Having character is much better than being one."-Nelson

It was also awesome how he told us, we are entitled to inspiration - all I have to do is look into the eyes of my investigators. Their eyes open up to their soul. I am not called to teach lessons and recite passages, I am called to serve and teach people! He also advised us to, "Be alert! Listen carefully!"

Also, here is a challenge for all of ya'll - read in the Topical Guide pg.240 "Jesus Christ" and make that your core curriculum! And keep your spiritual batteries charged by working in ACTION, SEEKING OUT and SERVING. Then to ALWAYS be armored in righteousness. We sang in el coro tambien, "Hope of Israel". 

Also, we were at the Main Campus for all of el dia de gracias and we had thanksgiving lunch .... HEAVEN FOOD. But, Mama, you still make THE best stuffing...and pumpkin pie and definitely the BEST turkey. After, Elder Donovan y Wilson and Hma. Caldeon y yo walked to the Provo Temple and took pictures but my shoes rubbed my heels raw and they were bleeding pretty bad. I begged if we could go back and get some bandaids. Funny thing is, we watched Ephraim's Rescue (similar to 17 Miracles .... super sad) and I was humbled pretty quickly. I have NO room to complain -Hijole, I have moleskin!

Also, a week before El Dia De Accion De Gracias I wrote everyone in my district a "thank you" letter. I am SO grateful for EVERYONE in my district - I literally have gained 4 brothers and 1 sister. I love them all so much.
We also had a service project where we filled/made 350,000 (literally) cajas con lentil soup bags for hungry children in Utah. Lo fue MUY divertido!!!

Come fue su Dia de Accion de Gracias??
Les extrano MUCHISIMO! Estoy muy feliz en el CCM y estoy agradecida por la oportunidad de servir en Aguascalientes. Estoy agradecida por mis padres, me encanto mi Mama y mi Papa MUCHO! Sin mis padres, no se a donde estaria. Estoy agradecida por Caleb, Kim, linda Alexandra, Poopy pants ... I mean Danny, Melanie y Brittany! Me encanto mis hermanos, y les extrano mucho! Espero que estan bien y les amo! Estoy agradecida por la obra misional y las montanas puedo montar. Yo se que El Evangelio de Jesucristo es en la tierra HOY. Yo se que Presidente Thomas S. Monson es un profeta de Dios. Dios envio Su hijo para que podriamos tener felicidad y misericoridoso. Estoy agradecida por mi Salvador, Jesucristo. Me amo mi Redentor y Hermano. Siento La Expiacion de Jesucristo todos las dias! Por favor, leeran El Libro de Mormon y oraran? El Libro de Mormon es un instruccion libro por felicidad y gozo y paz! 
Soy un Mormon.
Lo se.
Lo vivo.
Lo encanto.

I love this work and I am SO happy! It's hard being here, but it is SO worth it. Thank you to ALL who support me, I am SO blessed. I feel your prayers everyday I am here. Remember, COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT! :) :)

Dios sera con usted,
Hermana Winsor
Gym time - TIEMPO FOR VOLIBOL!!!


Half our district at the huge map at the Main Campus.



Yes, I sleep con mi Santa Vaca (Holy Cow). Thanks Grandma!

What missionaries do between classes.
Look who I found!   Ashley Carroll, and...

...and Natalie Stewart!

Hermanas Winsor, Sutton, Calderon y Geddes; Elders Wilson, Donovan y Woodfield.
(Oh, and Elder McDowell is the creeper in the back.)


CanNOT wait to meet my Mission President and his wife - una mas semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment