Monday, November 25, 2013

Dos mas semanas!!! (Week 4)

Hola todas las personas! :)

Well, in 8 days, I will have served a full MONTH of my mission! I'm KIND OF a big deal. :)

So let's start off, we taught Merido one day and NO MELTDOWN. WOO! And another day we taught Merido, and meltdown. He is SO hard to teach!!! One moment I know how to answer his questions, and another moment.... I have NO idea and I just end up talking away in the Spanish vocabulary that I DO know .... totally not answering his question. He is a work in process and I definitely need more confidence. I mean, we had TRC (where we teach members) and I have SO much confidence when I speak with them. The gift of tongues hits me FULL stride and then when I need to teach an investigator, "uhhh...querio taco bell? BAUTISMO? AHORA?" Yeah, falla (fail).

BUT, Carlos? Our other investigator IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! WOOOO!  El dia de seis de deceimbre. I invited him to be baptized in Spanish and I anxiously said YES! :) Best. feeling. ever. It was definitely a miracle because our lesson with him BEFORE that, I was about to ask him but I felt prompted to ask "Sabe que Jose Smith fue un profeta verdadero?" And he said "No." Well, we taught him more and invited him to keep reading with a SINCERE heart.

Can I just say choir practice/singing in the choir is THE BEST?! For Tuesday's devotional, we sang "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer". Oh man. BEAUTIFUL song:

"Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer
We are weak but thou art strong.
In thy infinite compassion,
Stay the tide of sin and wrong.
Keep thy loving arms around us,
Keep us in the narrow way.
Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer,
Let us never from thee stray."

My music nerdiness blew up. Oh and on Sunday, the musical number for Sociedad de Socorro, it was the Piano Guys version of "O Come O Come Emmanuel". I drooled. I'm not afraid to admit it. It was BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad I am surrounded by music here... I miss the piano and my Ipod so stinkin' much.

Oh and at Tuesday's devotional, I saw Elder Josh Cole, Elder Eric Staples and Elder Jacob Hartman! And TODAY (P day) I saw Sister Natalie Stewart and Elder Matt Davis!! I love the Orange and Blue being represented at el CCM. :)

Tuesday's devotional, Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis and his wife spoke. His wife spoke on the Spirit of Optimism. "We have bad days, but in those bad days- try to be QUIET and smile." THAT is my goal. I want the Spirit of Optimism ALWAYS with me, I bought a little leather notebook for just EVERY positive moment that happens and little "self devotionals/motivations". I'm going to succeed at this goal, so help me! :) Also, Elder Aidukaitis talked about the 3 kingdoms of glory. And I, AubriAnna Winsor, WILL inherit the Celestial Glory.

We have gym time everyday except Pdays & Domingo. And everytime we DO have it, my district plays VOLIBOL!!! :) My knees and shins are SO bruised up but I love it! We get SO into it, but we're all so encouraging! I love it!

One of the scriptures that has become my favorite is Abraham 3:24-25, we are sent here to PROVE ourselves. Heavenly Father "allows" suffering/trials to happen because it's a necessary time for us to turn to him and plead for comfort/guidance. If God did EVERYthing for us, how in the world would we grow? We have to do our part as much as possible, and when we can't move on - learn and TURN to God.

I love this Gospel and I can't believe I have 2 mas semanas before I leave for Aguascalientes. I love the people there SO much and I haven't even met them! I am ready to struggle and grow! I love my mission and I am SO blessed!

I miss you all!!!! I love you all! Please write me! :)

Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

This is "Santa Vaca" (Holy Cow). THANK YOU GRANDMA Y MAMA! :) I may or may have not screamed/giggled like a small child when I opened the package...but I will admit, I slept with it last night. #adultlife


No comments:

Post a Comment