Saturday, December 7, 2013

Oh, how I just want to go to Mexico now!

This week was just trial after trial, AFTER TRIAL.

So Tuesday morning, we wake up early to go to our service project and we wake up to SNOW!!!!! I was SOOOO excited! And on our way, Hma Calderon & I start throwing snowballs at each other and I definitely slip and land on my shoulder. It hurt like HECK but I got over it. 

Well, fast forward to when we were walking to volleyball, we go into the gym with our wet shoes and while playing volleyball Hma. Calderon slips and catches herself weird on her elbow. Well, at lunch we both go to Main Campus Medical Clinic because we are in excruciating pain. I can't move my arm very much and Hma. Calderon can't bend her elbow. I find out I tore a small part of my shoulder muscle but I'm told I'm able to take it off in 3-4 days and Hma. Calderon is told she MIGHT have a hairline fracture in her elbow and has to get an xray. 

So we're both in slings and in pain, and now we're going to the BYU Student Health Center Urgent Care to get an xray. We get the xray (we're told to go to the Campus Clinic or a Sports Medicine Doctor the next day to find the results) and go back to the Main Campus to make it in time for the Devotional. Well, Hma. Calderon was given "pain meds" and she had a TERRIBLE reaction...she barely remembers anything from the devotional. We found out later that the medicine is equivalent to a horse tranquilizer... HER DOCTOR gave her that.... oh the struggle is SO real.  

So we go to bed at 8pm that night and I prayed SO much that night. I mean, we leave Monday - I could care less about my shoulder and I want my companion to leave Monday with me. I didn't sleep AT ALL that night... I literally slept for maybe 3 hours. 

The next day, we go to the clinic to have the results read....but the doctor is 1 hour late and comes in telling us he hadn't talked to the radiologist yet. WHAT?! Ohhhh paattiiieennnccee. 

So the secretary takes Hma. Calderon's insurance, etc. and sends us off to the Sports Medicine doctor. Oh and bytheway, Hma. Calderon and I are famous. A companionship in slings? Both slipped the same day? Both hurt the right arm? Yeah... it was a hilarious sight. We go to the Sports Medicine doctor and he checks her elbow and gives her different, non-tranquilizing pain medicine. 

Anywho, I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES because Hma. Calderon does NOT have a fractured elbow but only a bruise on her bone. She leaves Monday with me!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! So she was given a sleeve to wear on her elbow to protect from bumping and hurting her (even though it apparently hurts all the time). I'm off my sling, the shoulder is stiff but I'm grateful we're all okay! So we spent +10 hours in doctors office.... I was GRATEFUL to be done with that. 

Well, so I thought - the next day (the day of In-Field Orientation) I woke up at 5am feeling like I was going to throw up... luckily I didn't, but the problem was... the room was spinning and I was getting waves of pain & nausea. I could not move, it was kind of ridiculously scary. 

We went to the medical clinic EARLY in the morning and the same doctor who diagnosed my shoulder, diagnosed this: I apparently have an viral ear infection, which is causing me to have Vertigo and ... I have the flu. How hilarious is this Plan of Salvation?? Of course this would happen 4 days before I leave for Mexico. BUT I'm grateful for my trials... I have been positive and I have witnessed the blessings/miracles.
I am grateful for the mountains I get to climb each day... I know my Savior went through A LOT more than I ever will go through.  I'm grateful to be a missionary! This week has been rough and it has truly tested my patience/positivity... but I feel proud of what I was able to accomplish.

After my scare on Thursday, we went to In-Field Orientation at Main Campus (where all the missionaries about to leave go and learn MORE) and I am SUPER pumped for Monday. I can't wait to experience NEW things every single day and be able to struggle and grow. The orientation was a 8am-6pm ordeal and my body was FEELIN' it. The doctor gave me medicine to lower the dizziness but the problem is, it makes me SUPER tired. But it gets the job DONE! I can't WAIT for Mexico... I love the MTC but BOY am I DONE. 

We had a cool experience while at Main Campus going back and forth from doctor's offices. We were at lunch and this lady asks if she can sit next to us. I say "Of course!" and we all get talking. Apparently her friend (who is a member) told her about the MTC and how she can help the missionaries practice. The woman's name was Sarah and she had NO idea who we were. Well, to make things short... WE TAUGHT HER THE FIRST LESSON IN ENGLISH. Yes, we were in slings and in pain but we taught a REAL investigator... it was AMAZING! She asked REALLY hard questions too and we were able to pause, think and rely on the Spirit! After we left, Hma. Calderon and I just looked at each other like "What in the world just happened?!" I think that was Heavenly Father's reminder of "Hey, remember why you're here?? Yeah. This isn't about YOU - stop whining!!!" It was a GREAT reminder!

Okay HERE IS THE OFFICIAL ITINERARY: Monday, December 9
Depart: Salt Lake City 6:15am
Arrive: Dallas 10:05am (2 HOUR LAYOVER)
Depart: Dallas 12:20pm
Arrive: Aguascalientes 2:45pm

I will call (mom) in the 2 hour layover! BE CLOSE TO YOUR PHONE!!!!

I can't wait for Mexico and I love my trials which are preparing me to be a better missionary. I am STOKED to meet the ward, my mission president and my companion. Don't get me wrong, I am flippin' nervous! I am SO blessed to go to Aguascalientes and to love the people more than I already do! I've been packing/cleaning like crazy... Mom, you'd be proud! :) Please pray that I'll be able to focus and not feel sick while traveling. Pray that my ears will be HEALED! :) I'm grateful for this hilarious Plan and what else Heavenly Father has planned for me. 

I love you all! I hope you are safe and STAYING safe! I can't wait to hear all about Christmas! LE AMO LE AMO LE AMO LE AMO LE AMO!!!!!! :)

-Hermana Winsor

PS I HAVE 3 DAYS LEFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment