Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Well, milagros milagros y MAS MILAGROS!

Wow, WHAT A WEEK! Feliz Año!!!! I hope all of you had a GREAT week and start to your new year!!! I am grateful for 2013 but man, 2014 is MY year! :) haha. My goals:
At a church activity with Hermanas Albornoz
y Wiggenhauser, both from Argentina.
-Be more patient
 -Be more positive
 -Be more obedient
 -Serve EVERY day
 -Read El Libro de Mormon
 -UNDERSTAND Spanish
 -Memorize a scripture in Spanish every month.
   Escritura de Enero: “Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece.” (Filipenses 4:13)

Know that goals are amazing and possible! Make goals and pray for strength to accomplish them!!



Well, we taught Manuel the first lesson and guess who quoted “The First Vision” in Spanish to a REAL investigator.......THIS GIRL!!!! It was kind of a difficult lesson because he had family over and yadadada, BUT we watched “The Restoracion” video and, MAN - was the Spirit there!!! We promised him that if he read and prayed, he would receive and answer. I told him that we have testimonies of El Libro de Mormon but we can´t give him a testimony just like how we weren´t given a testimony... and he replies, Wait...Why? ... bahaha! We explained and he understood and is REALLY excited to learn more. PLEASE pray for Manuel. I know he FEELS the Spirit, and he has read and prayed and feels good about it. Please pray for him because also, he has a job that keeps him working INCLUDING Sundays... NOOOO. But he wants to learn more, so we stop by his work (he is a referee for kid’s soccer games) and give him scriptures to read and folletos.

So sad to see Hma. Morinigo (from Paraguay) transferred.
I love her so much!
We started out 1st de Enero with transfers :(  So we traveled to the bus station and said adios to some amazing hermanas. And when we got back to our house, someone stole our lock and chain to our front gate!!!! My heart DROPPED, "My camera is inside....everything is inside." But luckily, everything was still there, THANK GOODNESS!!!

Well the second day of Enero, I woke up terribly sick. I literally could not get up, it was terrible and I did not want to go to the hospital (we're told to call [mission president’s wife] Hermana Villarreal FIRST). We call her and then the medic, and he diagnoses me with the flu! YAY MORE TRIALS. With the change in climate, mixed in with the
Transfers - Saying tearful goodbyes at the bus station.
(Missionaries from Argentina and Paraguay.)
rain, having drenched feet, being in the cold, everyone in Fresnillo is sick...I got sick! Hma. Moreno went on changes so she could buy a new lock and chain and get my prescriptions. I was companions with one of the new Hermanas transferred to our area, Hermana Ortiz! She was baptized at 20 years old and she is 23 years old now. She has been a convert for 3 years and is on a MISSION. Wow, what FAITH. She is also the only member AND woman of her family, and she is on a mission. Faith, courage...the WHOLE shabang!



The next day we visited Maria Dolores – oh, I love her. We taught her “El Libro de Mormon” while she made a PIÑATA!!!! And, oh dang, is she GOOD! When she finishes it, I will send pictures! :) We then visited Hermana Luz (menos activo) and we taught “La Expiacion” [The Atonement]. I shared Filipenses 4:13 "Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece" and I asked what that meant to her. She said that through Christ, she had been given a gift to NOT feel fear. She has had gun after gun pointed in her face, but she said she never has felt fear especially when she sticks up for someone. And when she is in danger, she feels as if there is someone standing between HER and danger. And she knows it is Christ. I looked at her and said, "You have faith, Hermana. And the thing about faith is, it continually grows. And through Christ and obedience, we can receive MORE." I am grateful for her testimony and her faith. Please pray for the menos actives also. We have experienced milagros [miracles] with them and we have had a less active family come to church TWICE (Family Garcia). I am grateful and I love the less actives.

We then ended this day with the daughter of an investigator Cesar Lopez, Gladys. She asked us, "What is the difference between your religion and others? You all teach the same thing." She has a good point. We bore testimony that we have the plenitud del Evangelio [fullness of the Gospel], and we have prophets and el sacerdocio [priesthood]. The other religions aren't evil... and they aren't necessarily wrong...they just don't have it all. They all teach good things, we just have the PLENITUD! We gave her El Libro de Mormon and she was actually excited!!! Haha!

The next day is called "El Dia De Barrachos" or "The Day of the DRUNKS." We were walking to a member’s house to eat and there was a young man walking in front of us with a small bottle of something. We walk a little slower and he turns around. My companion and I thought "HIJOLE!" He asks, "What do I need to do to enter your church?" Hma. Moreno replies, "Your attention?" We then give him a pamphlet of “The Restoration” with the directions and time for church. He replies, "QUE CHIDO!" And la palabra, "chido" means, like, "oh, cool....oh, SUAVE. " Bahaha! Yes.... que chido! 
[Aubri explained that most houses look very poor
from the outside; some are more luxurious indoors.]

Before the meal with the member family, we taught, well, kind of taught Josefina who is menos active, but she can talk for HOURS. We said maybe 13 words and we were in her house for 2 hours and she just talked - and we let her. She lives with her daughter and her grandson (3 years old, Miguel Angel). 
At members' home Christmas Eve. Karen is 8
 and flippin' hilarious!

Members' cat hopped into my lap and, well,
made me feel right at home.
When we left, Miguel Angel followed us outside and when he reached where the sun shined, he flinched because he is inside his house with his mom and grandma 24/7. My heart BROKE. He is NOT used to the sun! 

The next day was EL DIA DE AYUNA (Fast Sunday)! We fasted for all of our investigators, for a baptismal date, and I fasted for the gift of tongues. Church started at 9am and it was only members...which is great buuuuut, we wanted to see our menos activos and investigadores. After the sacrament was passed, in walks Hma. Garcia and her husband!!!!!! La Familia Garcia is a GOLDEN family. I was SO happy!! Also, I bore my testimony in Spanish!!! Oh man, I was SO nervous before, but I did it!

Then, in Gospel Principles class we started The Antiguo Testamento... in [the book of] Moíses! We talked about how we are children of God, ALL of us. No one is exempt from this. And I really like verse 6 in chapter 1, “I have a work for you [AUBRI]." This is my work... to struggle and work hard...but also to grow and bring those souls to Christ and bring the good news that the power of the expiacion is REAL.

Hma. Moreno, a member, MIGUEL, y yo en la capilla.
Later that day we FINALLY taught Miguel and we taught obedience! Miguel committed to being baptized 7th de Deciembre, but it fell through. We talked about this commitment and how he felt. He said he doesn't feel ready, but we told him, "Miguel, you are SO ready!" He told us he feels the Spirit and that he feels the Evangelio es verdadero. Well, to keep things short, HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED 15th OF FEBRUARY!!!!!! Now, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for Miguel!!!!!!!!! Pray that he will attend church and prepare for the 15th!!! PLEASE!!!! He is SO ready!!!!

Well, know that miracles HAPPEN! We just need to have an EYE of faith, and trust in the Lord! It can be hard...but it's possible!!!! 

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support! I feel them EVERY DAY! And please pray that I can be hit with the gift of tongues! I love you all!!!!! :)

Con Amor, 
Hermana Winsor
Happy 2 Months on my mission!

To celebrate 2 Meses, my companion made me a card, some hot chocolate, and this :)

The last meal of 2013 we made ourselves - chicken, lettuce, onions and
I made my FIRST salsa and made the mistake of using a WHOLE jalapeno.
Holy heck, I couldn't breathe it was so spicy!

En los calles de Fresnillo,
"Street Without Name" ...Bahaha!

[Mom requested photos of the area - landscape of Fresnillo.]



No comments:

Post a Comment