Tuesday, January 28, 2014

GRACIAS POR LAS ORACIONES!

Wow, what a week! Sorry for the really short letter last week. I was literally running from the CIBER down the street to a dentist´s office to use their bathroom. I'm okay now!!! I just can't eat a lot of chile, which is slightly impossible since EVERYTHING has chile in it. On Monday when we were running back to our house, I ran into another dentist office and the dentist asked, "Who are you?" And I - about to soil myself – said, "I'm a missionary (I point to my companion), and she is, too!" and I BOOKED it to their bathroom - hahaha! And the funny part of this story is, my companion contacted him and we taught him, hahaha! 

When I was in Zacatecas before I went to the medico...Hma. Rejon called a member to take us to the medico and apparently this member studied, like, telepathy/hypnosis. WELL, I couldn't walk or get out of the bed... and this member, se llama Hma. Mari, comes to the side of the bed and tells me to sleep. HAH, I think, "That's what I have been trying to do." So I close my eyes and, well, I do not remember ANYTHING else. Apparently as I was sleeping she was waving her hands above my body and when she would move her hand over my arm or leg and move her hand up, my arm or leg would move up too - she made no contact with my body. Hma. Calderon was there AND Hma. Rejon were there. There are witnesses!!! FREAKY! But she took away the pain enough for me to walk and go to the medico. Ohhhh the missionary life in Mexico is VERY interesting. It's kind of funny because the members in Barrio Alto know that I'm sick...so they feed us, well me, "comida de la hospital" hahaha! Sopa, sopa y MAS sopa! 

(Mom, I have not received your letter through dearelder.com. So, send handwritten letters through the mission home address and packages as well. If you want to send my iPod with church music/talks, that would be great. I just need a charger and the speakers - I miss music SO much!)

I had a pretty cool experience during study time. I was trying to find scriptures in The Bible that talk about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. WELL, all I need to say is, look at Isaiah 29:11 and JSH 1:63-65.... and I don't need to say ANYTHING else, except, the Gospel is, like, SUPER true - haha!

We also taught Manuel again and we watched, "The Testaments." Afterwards, we asked what he thought and, well, he wants his family to watch - AH! He SO knows this Gospel is true!!!

We received a referral from las otras hermanas, la familia Martinez. We taught them Leccion 1 y, pues, El Espíritu no fue allí. The mom gets super distracted VERY easily, the children were screaming and asking random questions and, well, they accepted to read El Libro de Mormon, but I don't think they understand the importance. And when there is A LOT of noise during a lesson, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to speak Spanish. Literally, there is NO way.

We have reactivated a menos activa familia, la familia Garcia! And oh how I have been blessed by this family. Whenever I have been sick, I have been even more HOMESICK. But this family has always been there for me, always! I always feel like I am at home when we are at their house. I love la familia Garcia and I am going to miss them like CRAZY!

We have taught nuestra vecina, Maria, who is a SUPER catolica viajita. Oh boy, she is SO loving! When we taught her about El Evangelio/El Plan de Salvacion, she was SO excited and insisted we come back the next day. Her mother passed away, so she is really interested about EVERYTHING we talk about. And when we taught her again, we asked her what she thought about the folletos... and she cried as she described what she felt. Joy, happiness, warmth.... uhhhh, EL ESPÍRITU! She is feeling the Spirit!!!! She is SO close to bautismo!

Also, I CONTACTED!!!!!! One of my goals is to get over my fear of contacting and one day, we unfortunately had nothing to do, so we tried to contact and I saw a woman and, well, I walked toward her way and my chest was about to burst I was SO scared. When I passed in front of her, it was like a wall hit me and I heard STOP. And well, I contacted, and she accepted! Man, the Spirit in the mission is SO strong!!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers, really. This has been hard, REALLY hard. But I am SO grateful for the power of prayer and the power of the priesthood. I am grateful to be here and grateful for your support. I am so blessed and lucky to be here. Keep them prayers a-comin' so I can get rid of this infection COMPLETELY! :) I love you all and this week, 3 MONTHS!!!! What?! Loco. y ORALE! haha! Remember, you can do ALL through Christ! Nothing is impossible through Him, because He did it all! I know it. I have no doubt in my heart that Christ felt everything I have felt and will feel on my mission. I know I am NOT and NUNCA will I be alone. Familia, les amo MUCHISISMO, Y see y’all soon! :)

Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

 
"Domingo"

Beautiful Aguascalientes skies


We were walking to una cita en Zapata, and well, we found carcasses of RATAS!
I named them Romeo and Juliet, because they were laying next to each other. And, well,
EVERY thing needs to know about The Plan of Salvation!

Investigator MANUEL came to a baptism! (not his, haha!)


La líder misional y su esposa, Hmo. Avila y Hma. Avila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment