Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TRES MESES!!!!

Hermana Moreno made me a card y bought "penguinos" for a cake!!

Wow, 3 months DOWN in the BAG! (Or however that phrase goes!)
Hilarious story...kinda: So, we were eating at a family´s home on Tuesday and when we walked in, there was music BLARRING upstairs. And, well, more than half of the music was in English - hahaha! Beyonce, Queen, One Direction (I about cried), Green Day, Bono... you name it, it was playing. And then another song came on in English. Remember how in our [church youth groups, the leaders] talked about how, when we like a song just for the rhythm, we should REALLY listen to the lyrics to know if it invites the Spirit or not? Well, that was the case. This song was ONLY about drugs, sex and money, "Shots" by LMFAO...wow! The Spirit RAN out of the house and beat the record for the fastest runner in the universe. The song is in English, so it makes sense, they don't understand the song! The parents were outside the house talking while Hma. Moreno and I were inside. My hands covered my ears as the song played, and Hma. Moreno had NO idea what was going on, hahaha! Oh man, it was terrible.

Oh and Miguel isn't getting baptized on Feb 15th :( :( He has problems with attending Church, therefore we keep pushing his baptismal date farther and farther AND farther. He has SUCH a strong testimony, but his parents won't let him go. This week, we taught him about faith and being clean from your sins after baptism. I asked him, "Miguel, what is your testimony?" "What?" "Tell me your testimony." And wow, HE KNOWS this Gospel is true!!!! Please pray that the hearts of his parents will be softened!

After, like, 2 weeks, we finally found Hma. Dolores!!!! I had been thinking about her every moment of every day. We watched, "Finding Faith in Christ" with her and wow, the Spirit was THERE! Her daughter has completed a year since she passed away from Lupus, and well, Dolores is suffering. She is hurting herself and losing her will to be here. She told us she can't see herself get baptized in our church, but we are always welcome to come visit her and teach her. HAH! No, I see her getting baptized in our church, I see her doing the ordinances in the temple for her daughter. I am NOT giving up THAT easily!

So after the movie, it was hard NOT to cry the Spirit was there SO strong. I told her this, "Dolores, faith isn't just believing what you can't see. It is an ACTION. It is WORKS. Jesús Christ isn't with us, but I know He is our Savior. How do I know this? I have prayed, I have fasted, I have had trials that have testified the power of the Atonement is REAL. I wasn't there with Joseph Smith when he translated the plates. But I know he did and I know he was a profeta de Dios and I KNOW El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. How? I have read it. Dolores, I have prayed and I have read it with a desire to know. Because I have heard MANY people say, “Oh, it's true. It's the Word of God,” I wanted to know of myself. And I am here today because of this book. Dolores, you don't need to suffer, you don't need to have pain. You have a Book of Mormon. You can feel your Savior's love for you MORE through not just the Bible, but the Book of Mormon also... why? Because it contains ALL of the Gospel of Jesús Christ. Have faith, Hermana, I am telling you this because I have prayed every gosh dang moment for you, asking what you need. And you need the Book of Mormon. We love you Dolores, we truly do...." (Add in tears and, well, the power of the Spirit.)

Afterwards, Dolores said a powerful prayer, "Father, please tell me if this is the way I should go. Please bless me with guidance and with more faith, help me read." Oh man, family...one of the MOST powerful moments in my misión. Family, please please PLEASE pray for Dolores. Pray that she'll read and pray...pray that she'll be guided to this Gospel...she needs it BADLY!

I want to share a pretty awesome experience (like always): One of the moments where I thought "Holy crap this is hard".... I prayed! I begged for Heavenly Father to help me not think of home and to take away my desire to return home early. And after, I opened the scriptures to study.....with NO idea what to study... and I opened to Alma 26, and the first word that showed was "Patience"...and I read the scripture, "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethern, the Lamanites, and bear with PATIENCE thine afflictions, and I will give you SUCCESS." 

Wow, ha...uh, I get it Heavenly Father! I'll just shut up now, hahaha! I KNOW scripture study AND prayer are powerful. I know the Lord reveals to us in EVERY scripture study what we need to do to return to him and endure through this life. I have no doubt in my heart that the scriptures are the words DIRECTLY from God (through the mouths of prophets).

We are teaching another investigator, Martín. We taught him La Plan de Salvación (Lesson 2) and that was one of the MANY times when after the lesson I have thought, "Next lesson, baptism question!!!" He is SO ready. We taught Lesson 2 in 2 separate days since it's a LOT of información. The next day when we taught the 2nd half, we asked if he read the first half of the L2 folleto, He replied, "I read all of it." WHAT? AH! :) And he told us EVERYTHING he read! And he participated during the lesson and asked questions and wanted us to come back and teach more! His family is SUPER Baptist and have been investigators BEFORE with other missionaries. And when we teach the family, Martín BARELY speaks. But when it is just him and us, he teaches US, haha!

We also gave him L1 and L3 folletos and asked him to read them by the next lesson (which was in 3 days) and he said, "I will read them by tomorrow." Wha- .... AH! :) And when we invited him to church, "Martin, will you come to Church?" "Yes! It's at 9am and I will be there!" AHHH! After the lesson, Hma. Moreno and I looked at each other and both said, "Lesson 1, The Restoration, and baptism question." Well, he didn't go to church....but today we are teaching him Lesson 1 and asking him "the question," haha! I am nervous but I know he is READY!

Oh and random, I have a tan line on my feet where the strap is...que pena, haha! I will try to take a picture of it and send it next week,

How was everyone's Fast Sunday?? Did you bear your testimonies? I did! :) I feel like my spirit gets a little stronger every time I do.... and read D&C 62:3 ... yeah, we should ALWAYS bear our testimonies! Our testimonies not only benefit others, but ourselves AS well. Always share what you KNOW.

Family, I hope you are all doing well. I fast and pray for you all.... I love you ALL like MUCHISIMO! :) bahaha. Spanglish.

Yesterday, I studied the talk by Presidente Uchtdorf, "You Can Do It Now!" He said, "...our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward." We are not perfect. We are going to sin and have difficulties. That does NOT make us a failure. We have the Atonement, we have a way to rise up, dust ourselves off and MOVE FORWARD. We have to rely on our Savior Jesús Christ and Padre Celestial. We are not perfect but when we fall and get back up and move on, we are moving forward to PERFECTION.

ESCRITURA DE FEBRERO: Job 19:25-26 :)

Familia, es el momento de escribir en español :) Te quiero mucho, de verdad. Recuerde que nuestro Salvador, Jesucristo SIEMPRE. Él lo sabe todo - TODO! Él sufrió y murió por ti! Hay muchas promesas en la expiación de Jesucristo, usarlo! Conozco el poder de Satanás es real ... Pero el poder de la Expiación es real, también :) Te quiero tanto - mi misión ha sido bendecida a través de sus oraciones y apoyo! Bueno, hasta luego y te amo!

Con Amor,
Hermana Winsor
  
New Distrito!!! Elder Cuayahuitl, Elder Ibáñez, Elder Durrant (líder de distrito)
 y Elder Velazco.

Forgot to send this 2nd picture of my deceased rat-investigators last week, hahaha -
the things you find in Zapata (part of my area in Fresnillo).

No comments:

Post a Comment