Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Transfers are a-comin' up! :)

This week was pretty dang awesome! (Can I still say "dang" on a mission?) 
Hermana Dolores (investigadora) bought a NEW puppy!! and well, I fell love...and after our lesson with her, 
Camila (the puppy) jumped on my lap and fell asleep...I about died it was so cute.
Tuesday I traveled with Hermana Eliason (who has THE EXACT SAME BIRTHDAY AS ME) for 3 hours by bus to Aguascalientes to work on our VISAS for companion exchanges. And man, the buses we took were SOOOOO nice...like AIRPLANE nice. Touch screen TV's with DISNEY MOVIES. (Yah, you read this correctly). Presidente Villarreal said that when we are traveling we can WATCH the movies as long as they are edited/uplifting. We also had sketchy ham sandwiches with a can of Sprite, and chairs that recline. Well, I definitely watched "Rise of the Guardians," and "Wreck It Ralph" en Español on the way back to Fresnillo. The other American elders that were with us to work with their VISAS watched "The Hobbit." One of the elders left for his mission before The Hobbit came out and I told him, "Elder, do you want to have MORE joy in your life?"  "Well, yes" he replied. "Then you must watch The Hobbit." and he did! And he thanked me :) Hahaha!  

While we were traveling back to Fresnillo, and while I was watching “Wreck It Ralph,” or “Ralph el Demoledor," our bus got stopped by soldiers - that was pretty freaky! One soldier walked on the bus "Everyone off the bus with your bags" and one of the elders (who finishes his mission in 1 week) tells me, "Well, they're gonna’ frisk us." "WHAT?!?!" "I'm kidding....they are just going to check our bags." I almost died... but yeah, all they did was check our bags outside while one soldier checked inside the bus and they asked where we came from - they were really nice! And the elder's had a box full of Book of Mormons and they gave out 3 to the soldiers - HOLLAH! It was a really fun day and Aguascalientes is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

When I was in the Mission Office in Aguascalientes, I got dad's letter that he sent 5th of January, I got mom's letter (the copied letter) she sent beginning of February, McKayla Shill's letter, and a letter from the Stake Presidency. REMEMBER: Only send letters, your love, your support - EVERYTHING - to the mission home address:

Mexico Aguascalientes Misión
Hma. AubriAnna Winsor
Prolongación Adolfo Lopez Mateos #98A
Col. Trojes de Alonso
20116 Jesus Maria, AGS
Mexico

The rest of the week, we walked to Zapata (a colonia in Fresnillo, which is about 1.5 miles away from where we live) trying to teach people and visit. But no one is EVER home, or they make an appointment with us and then when we return, they are either not there, or sleeping. And it is getting SUPER humid/hot in the middle of the day here; shade does NOT exist in Zapata.

On Thursday I finished 1er de Nefi - POR FIN!!! It's a lot harder, but a lot awesome-er reading the scriptures in Spanish!

We contacted a menos-activa, Hermana Mari, who hasn't been to church in a LONG time. She is a 4 year convert and hasn't been to church in 3 years. She is VERY loving and friendly and she has 5 dogs ....CINCO PERROS. One is named "Socks" and he is a puppy/Golden Retriever, and he likes to jump on laps and therefore, my dress was covered in paw prints by the end of the visit. But hey, I know how to wash clothes BY HAND (that's right mom, I am turning into a big girl). A member went with us, Hermana Rodriguez, and I am SO thankful for the support of the members. Her testimony of the Book of Mormon helped SO SO SO much as we taught.


After 3 stinkin' weeks, we found Manuel and taught him!!! We talked about why Hma. Moreno and I are here, what is our purpose as missionaries, etc. because when we originally contacted him THAT was his question, "Why are we here? What are we doing?" And we didn't really answer it well in the first visit. So we just bore our testimony on why we are here and how the Gospel has blessed our lives; it would be selfish if we didn't share what we know with others.

AMAZING experience: We contacted a FAMILY! La familia Rodrigues Ramos, with 5 kids! We talked about how God is our Loving Heavenly Father. When we asked the mom who she would like to say the opening prayer, the 8-year old, Yamixa, wanted to say the prayer! We taught her how and when she closed she said this, "When I was praying, I felt something very happy in my heart. I want to feel that again." WOW. Oh just wait, there is MORE!!! When we talked more about how we can live with our families forever, we asked Yamixa what does she love about her family. Her face got real serious, her lip started to tremble, she looked at her mom, "Mi mama....mis padres...." and she burst into tears and ran towards her mom, giving her a big hug as she cried. I cannot describe how powerful the Spirit was in that moment, and SHE'S 8 YEARS OLD!!! The impact a family can have is HUGE. I know the family is central in the Gospel and I know families are FOREVER! I testified to Yamixa, "Yamixa, estos sentimientos pueden durar para siempre .... siempre! Sólo se puede sentir este tipo de alegría, paz y felicidad a través de su hermano mayor, Jesucristo. Se puede vivir con su familia con estos sentimientos para siempre. "

I am SO grateful for my family, I am grateful for my parents and their love and guidance and discipline, I am grateful for each and every one of my siblings....Caleb, Kim, Sean, Kenlynn, Danny, Mel and Britt....I love you so much, you have no idea.

ANOTHER AMAZING EXPERIENCE! The elders in our zone had a baptism Saturday and Martin said he would go with us! So we walked to his house before and his sister, Miriam, answered the door,"He is sleeping." My thoughts exactly: "You have got to be kidding me." Then she said, "Can I got with you?" Uh...DUH! She went, got ready really fast as we waited outside, then the door opens, it's Martin!!! He and his sister accompanied us to the baptism in the chapel!!! And every baptism, President Villarreal has asked us to ask the people at the baptism, "After witnessing this amazing experience and change in this person's life, who would like to be baptized?" Well, Martin (18 years old) and Miriam (17 years old) were in the very front to see the baptism, and Martin has a date to be baptized. The elders ask the question - we wait....and wait - and then Miriam AND Martin say, "We do!!!!" I literally could hardly believe it. I shook my head a couple times.....what did I just hear? And they told us that they were serious!! So we are going to start teaching Miriam also!!! AHHH!! AND AND AND AND, Miriam and Martin went to church with us THE NEXT DAY! Oh my gosh, I am so happy I got to experience that!!!!

A "not-so-amazing" experience: Well, the same day we went to church with Miriam and Martin, I had woken up that morning at 1am vomiting violently. I slept for about 3 hours before that and then woke up with "ganas a vomitar." When the alarm went off Hma. Moreno me dijo, "Esta enferma?" "Si, pero necesito ir a la capilla con Martin y Miriam," and I did! I took it easy, I remembered what Mom would do for me (ONLY water and other clear liquids for 6 hours)... and we walked to the investigators house while I concentrated on not vomiting! We walked with Miriam and Martin to the chapel and AS SOON as we set foot in the chapel, I booked it to the bathroom and vomited again. It was pretty embarrassing to be in front of investigators, incredibly sick. But they understood and they went to class with us and everything!

After the last class, I literally couldn't move. I was either gonna’ faint or barf. So other members took Miriam and Martin home, and we walked to our house. Well, I have a stomach/kidney infection AGAIN. Gosh dangit!!!!! I tried SOOOO hard to keep healthy, to drink A LOT of water and eat A LOT of fruit!!!! GAH! Oh well, if I could ask for anything, pray that this infection will go away!!! I am not in a lot of pain, I just can't eat much...only liquids. When we went to the hospital to pick up medicine, the medic said, "You again?" bahaha. Yes, me again - the Americana.

Giselle and Miguel didn't go to church on Sunday, so we have to push back their baptismal date.  Giselle...gah, she likes to hide! We'll meet with her once and for 3 weeks we have NO idea where she is, she doesn't answer her phone...NOTHING. And then all of a sudden, she'll answer her phone all excited and we meet with her. And then NOTHING FOR 5 WEEKS. She likes to hide!!! Please pray for Giselle, Martin and Miguel.

Sorry there isn't a lot of pictures, but know that I love you ALL! 

No tengo ninguna duda en mi corazón, sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador sufrió dolores, tentaciones, sufrió todas las cosas - lo sabe todo. Nunca estamos solos, nunca. Estoy agradecido por las palabras de los profetas en el Libro de Mormón y la Biblia, sé que ambos son las palabras de Dios. El evangelio es que Jesucristo es verdadero! Te quiero mucho y recuerdo, pase lo que pase y disfrute!

Adiós y nos vemos en 431 días más! :) haha!!! TE AMO!

Con amor,

Hermana Winsor
FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS HERMANA HUFF!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment