Sunday, February 24, 2013

And so it has begun!

Today on February 24th, 2013....

{I STARTED MY MISSION PAPERS!!!!!!}
(finally)

You will not believe how long I have been waiting for this to happen. It is unreal and I feel like I'm in a dream almost - good thing I'm not or I'd be REALLY mad when I'd wake up. This process is amazing and I'm already loving every second. 
My plan is ...
1. Send them in June
2. Wait
3. Receive my glorious mission call
4. Turn 19 on October 13th (Sunday) and have my farewell the same day
5. Leave October 16th 2013
6. Return April 16th 2015

I use to pray to Heavenly Father (I still do, don't worry) asking Him to send me to anywhere out of the USA. But now, I honestly would be stoked if I was called to like...Maine or Ohio. I would LOVE to be called to Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, Palmyra, etc. All of those states are associated with Church History and if there's anything I love studying about, it's Church History. Even if I was called to Salt Lake City - I would be SO excited!! I mean, heck, I was born there and I don't remember anything about it. Soooo, why not?
BUT.
I would be "extra" excited if I got sent to a different country. :)

Here are some countries I'd LOVE to be called to and why:
-- Norway Oslo Mission, my great great great Aunt Antoinette was born there and crossed the plains with the pioneers.
-- Some mission in Australia, I had an ancestor who was from there as well.
-- Canada Halifax Mission, Pa Winsor served his mission there. 
-- Scotland/Ireland Mission, ever since I was little I've wanted to go to Ireland.

But like I said, I will be happy with anything because that is where the Lord needs me to be. I found this quote on how mission calls are assigned:
“I have had [many] experiences feeling of the Holy Ghost…But I’ve never felt what I have felt as I have…participated in the assigning of missionaries…Because of technology, it is possible for us to have your picture and the information about you displayed. And then quickly, on that same screen, all the missions of the Church with all of their needs are displayed. Within minutes, and sometimes less than a minute, the impression comes so powerfully that it would be, if it were a single instance, something that you would never forget. Can you imagine sitting there for hours at a time, having that happen time after time without interruption? I testify to you that it is real…[The Lord] somehow not only knows you but loves you enough to ensure that your call is where He needs you to go to teach the children of our Heavenly Father.” (Pres. Henry B. Eyring, “Called of God,” address delivered at the Missionary Training Center, Aug. 26, 1997).

Well, I just wanted to share this AMAZING news and crazy beginning. I am so excited to be called to who knows where and bring the Gospel to people's lives for 18 months. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and I am so proud of you!!! :) I love that quote by Elder Eyring and I love you!

    ReplyDelete