Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What time is it? Summer time!

Well, it's been summer time for a while....

So I am lovin' this thing called summer...but it's actually kind of boring me right now. I really want these next two weeks to zoom by. I'm going to good ol' Georgia next week for a family reunion with my mom's side of the family...but that's every other 5 years and I barely see these people. For example, I've seen my dad's side of the family at least twice this summer.

Yesterday I went to my dad's school that he opened (he's so awesome) and he took most of my family on a tour. It was also my Aunt Kaylin's 55th birthday so we had a "surprise party" for her in the preschool room. My cousin Braden and I went outside on the swings and talked. He is the closest cousin I have. I havent talked to him in forever and he's getting his mission call in a couple weeks! GEEZ! i'm old. He is such a good cousin and is the most caring person ever. Gotta love him.

I watched Tuck Everlasting yesterday...and I would like to inform Twilight that they have NOTHING compared to Tuck Everlasting. Tuck Everlasting is the CUTEST movie ever and it is kind of like Twilight.


Tuck Everlasting + Fangs = Twilight


It's that simple. But Jesse Tuck and Mr. Darcy...man, who am I going to marry?!


On Saturday, I got back from my Stake's Pioneer Trek and this time my parents were called to be Ma & Pa. I could go off about it, but I'm lazy and I already ranted about how amazing my last Stake's Trek was. I mean, this one was amazing too. But I'm not sore anymore, and my last trek...I was sore for 2 weeks. Maybe I'm just buff...ok, I'll go with that theory. Anywho, the hardest part of the Trek was not being able to see my blood parents. But on the Women's Pull, once my cart (the very very first handcart, mind you) was at the top, we ran back down to help the others and I saw my mom (oh hey tears, why don't you stay in my face...) and my heart just broke. She was so tired and I went next to her and helped her family push. I could not say anything negative, it wasn't in me even though I was exhausted just like she was. I look up to my mother so much. She is the strongest woman ever and she is the rock in my life.


Once we were all at the top, we pushed some more and the boys in our family were on the sides of the path singing hymns to us as they pushed us out so we didn't have to work anymore. My dad (real) was at the end passing out flowers and he gave me a bouquet. I love that man...


Dear future husband, be like my dad. Love, your future wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment