Tuesday, June 10, 2014

NO. MORE. FUN.

I am going to start off with this picture!

On Tuesday we went to Bodega to buy groceries and we bought a pretty normal size of groceries. We go in line (and there are only 3 cashiers open, no bags and no baggers)....and it takes forever! Then these two ladies were behind us and start chatting with us. The girl on the right, Karla, asked us where we were from. After we told her, she said she lived and had 2 kids in not only Arizona, but in MESA!!!! I almost cried I was so happy to talk to her. She got deported 2 years ago but her kids stayed and this week she went to Mesa to see her kids for the FIRST time in 2 years! She is SUPER awesome!

As we paid for our food and tried finding some way to gather our food and 2 HUGE jugs of water. We find a box, put the box in the cart and put the food in and Karla asks us, "Do you live far? Because I can drive you to your house!" I swear I heard angels sing. We go to her car (which had a ARIZONA LICENSE PLATE! hollah) and as soon as she opens the back of her van, Hna Fa'asa and I lift our box a little bit, and the bottom of the box GIVES. OUT. The food goes EVERYWHERE into the cart...and Karla magically pulls out another box from her car "Here! Put your food in here!" Once again I heard angels sing!

She drove us to our house, helped us carry everything in and gave us her address, number and email so we could contact her if we needed a ride anywhere...I know she is going to receive SO many blessings!!! Please ask Heavenly Father that her and her family can reunite and that she can receive SO many blessings!!

On Wednesday, there. was. no. one. home. Seriously!!! And this week I SWEAR it was more than 90 degrees every single day! We taught ONE lesson, it was rough, but we moved forward. We ate with the Lopez Yanez family, whose son we helped go on a mission, Luis Abraham. They told us that Luis Abraham had his FIRST baptism! How awesome is THAT?!


On Friday we had a zone conference and, wow...uh, I am going to be completely honest... it was super boring. haha! I tried! And TRIED to listen and to have the Spirit testify to me about how I can be a better missionary. But the thing is, the zone leaders just lectured about EVERYTHING that Elder De Hoyos talked about...I really did try!! But I ended up taking a little notes and just doodling the rest of the time. I know, I know...I will go repent.

We FINALLY received the conference talks!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!
And THEN the Zone Leaders decide to give us this announcement, "There is a new rule, we are not allowed to have ANY more Zone Activities and District Activities." We ALL freaked out! We all asked the Zone Leaders "Why?!" and they never told us why :( So SOMEONE really messed up. After the announcement they ask me to say the closing prayer...it was a little impossible, but I endured. I basically took the announcement like, "Hey missionaries, we can't have fun anymore." I panicked a bit, I mean, yeah, the Gospel is fun, but it is stressful and when we play soccer or we have activities, it is stress-relieving! We'll see what happens. But HEY - on the GOOD side after 2 weeks not having agendas, we finally have agendas now and we have the conference talks,WOOHOO!

On Thursday it was SO freakishly hot outside, so I not only got MORE tan, but freakishly burnt as well. haha! It was also Hna Fa'asa's 3 month mark so I decorated her desk while she was in the shower :) I know, I am smooth :)

During personal study I was feeling, well, pretty discouraged, and I read in Preach My Gospel "What is a successful missionary?" And I learned that a successful missionary is one who does their best with FAITH, not worrying & not becoming disappointed when disappointing times come. So, I concluded, "I have been trying my best EVERY DAY for 7 months straight, I am guessing that I am a successful missionary?" haha. 

We then went to eat with the family Garcia, but they barely started making the food so we ate around 3pm...and we were going to go to Zapata. It was SO hot that day, I was sure we were going to die because, in Zapata, there is NO shade, only pure sun. So we stayed near but once again NOT ONE person was home! We went everywhere – north, south, east, west. I felt like Frodo when he traveled to Mount Mordor, it was THAT hot.

Normal thug life picture.
We ended up teaching Jaqueline after eating ice cream to cool down. We taught her Lesson 1 and we talked about the Book of Mormon, and gave her homework to read the Introduction of the Book of Mormon. She had trouble accepting it, and the Restoration. We asked her to pray but she was SUPER hesitant to pray. Why is everyone so hesitant to pray? HEAVENLY FATHER WANTS TO HEAR YOUR PRAYERS. Gosh.

She was willing to keep reading and she wants to keep listening, and she always welcomes us. I just pray she'll read so that she can look for an answer. She started off our lesson by pointing out all the bad "incorrect" things of the Book of Mormon - it definitely tested my patience, but once again...I endured.

On Friday, we went to PLATEROS! :) Plateros (a tiny town) is in our area, but it is 15 minutes away BY CAR. So if I do my math correctly, it would take 34 days just walking there. haha. We went with Hno and Hna Lopez Yanez to find some investigators from the previous missionaries.




As we FINALLY arrived, we looked and looked for a direction and we saw 3 guys talking outside the house. We pulled over and asked about the direction and one of them, se llama Mario, told us and even walked to the house with us! And of course, we contacted him and we have an appointment with him this Thursday!

We found the investigator who answered his door saying, " Finally you have come! I have been waiting for you!" We taught him and he has gone to church more than 6 times and he came this Sunday to church and WANTS TO KEEP COMING! We will see him THIS Thursday to set a baptismal date for July 5th! He is a true golden investigator! WOO HOO!!!!  Se llama Carlos! And the ward did GREAT on Sunday by helping him feel welcome!

On Saturday we went to a baptism of the other sister missionaries of our district and it was powerful. The dad (who was once a member of the mofia, and has been returning to church for about a year) baptized his 14 year old son, and the way he immersed his son in the water brought tears to EVERYONE'S eyes. To see them both change for the better, heck, a week before the son's baptism the son was beat up! And the amazing thing, the son never complained! He FORGAVE the people who beat him up.... it was a truly amazing experience!

Oh by the way, Hna Fa'asa and I are speaking in Church on Father's Day! 1. Christmas 2. Mother's Day, and now....3. Father's Day. I see a pattern!

Well, this week was good! Just another week on the mission :) Keep praying for me! And PLEASE pray that this baptism for Carlos will stay strong!

I found a talk by Elder Holland and he said,
"The REAL you is more precious than rubies."

We can't be fake and we should never be ashamed of who we are as individuals. Our Heavenly Father loves us and made us specifically with certain talents! I am so happy that I am ME, a member of the TRUE church and a representative of Jesus Christ.

I am happy and I love this mission. I don't like thinking about the end of my mission because it is like I just got here yesterday. The time FLIES when you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. I love this work! And les amo TODOS! Dios les bendiga :) Adios :)

Con Amor,
 Hermana Winsor

PS. Mom, I have not received your package QUITE yet...I am sure it will come soon :)

​Weird looking flowers that we found walking to an appointment!
 
WE FOUND CHURROS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment