Monday, June 2, 2014

7 Months in the mission - 11 more to go, ORALE!

What up, what up, what up?! :) Ok. I am done being ghetto. This week was A LOT better :) 

On Tuesday, we had a district meeting EN INGLES! It was great, like always :)
  
Best. District. Ever.

My District: Can you guess which one is the  District Leader? YEA JUST GUESS!

On Thursday, Hma. Fa'asa and I woke up at 3:45am to go to the central de los autobuses to travel to Zacatecas with our Zone. We had a multi-zone conference with Elder De Ollos FROM THE SEVENTY! We started off leaving our house when it is SUPER dark outside and it is sprinkling a little bit, just to go look for a taxi. As soon as we walk down the most lit up street, it begins to POUR! So we run to a Waldo's to stay under an overhang to stay dry and we wait for a taxi.... and we wait and we wait AND WE WAIT.

Now I start to get worried because we have to be in the central at 5:30 but it is now 5:20am...... and as soon as I call the district leader, one taxi pulls up! I heard angels sing! haha. YEP. ANGELS.

We got in, went to the central and went to Zacatecas. Two days before I was told that I would be playing the piano, but they told me only one hymn, “Choose the Right.” We go to Zacatecas and as soon as the conference starts, we sing, “We Are All Enlisted,” THE ONE HYMN I DON'T KNOW. I manage through and the conference begins - IT WAS AMAZING! Something about being in the same room as someone from the Seventy just GETS to you! Some of the things I learned:
--When sharing your testimony of the Restoration, SMILE. The gospel is a HAPPY thing to talk about!
--Don't waste time!
--"You are not the light. Who is? Jesus Christ. You do not convert people, the Holy Ghost does."
--In order to maintain the language AFTER the mission, pray in the language.
--When the members work with the missionaries, there will be 150% SUCCESS.
--FOCUS.
These are only some of the things I learned. I truly loved EVERY moment, and I saw Elder Rios (my last district leader) at the conference - miss that Elder! We then sang a break hymn, “Hark All Ye Nations,”  …still not “Choose The Right.”

Then we continue with a Q&A session and finish up with another hymn that I have NEVER heard before and had to completely sight read. So, what happened to “Choose The Right? QUIEN SABE, hahaha!

We went to the central in Zacatecas to return to Fresnillo and our district went to a nearby gas station-lookin' store and Elder Ouderkirk FOUND ROOT BEER!  It was heavenly :) We then returned back to Fresnillo EXHUASTED.

 
After long day that started at 3:45AM to spend the day with Elder De Ollos of the Seventy, we were pretty exhausted...
but we looked pretty :)
We taught Hma. Mari and she told us her goal is to go completely cold turkey, she started Sunday! So please pray that she'll have strength to resist! We received 2 new investigators who are SUPER SUPER Christian and talk A LOT but are SUPER nice :) Se llaman Jose Manuel y Mariasabel. We ate with them on Saturday and we tried teaching them afterwards about the Restoration buuuut yeah....we ended up being taught because Jose Manuel talked 3 hours straight showing us scriptures in the bible. Yeah, I was mentally exhausted afterward and kinda’ had to say, "HEY, you are talking and we have work to do.... ba-bye." But don't worry, I said it with love :)

We found a new investigator se llama Jaqueline (pronounced, YA KA LIN). She works at a family-owned ice cream shop that we ALWAYS go to. We contacted her and taught her why we are here as missionaries, and her response was, "Look, I am more than willing to listen and you are more than willing to eat here, but I will not change religions." We taught her that we are not here to CONVINCE, we are only here to INVITE, just like Christ did. It is only through her and her Heavenly Father, not us. She cried and accepted the Book of Mormon to read. She is very loving and awesome!!!

Funny story: We were buying cards for our district activity and Hma. Fa'asa was reading this toothbrush brand called "Buenos Dias." She read it out loud and some random guy comes up and corrects her, "No, es buenas tardes." And she replies in English, "I was reading!" He goes, "You WAS reading?" I busted up laughing. I looked at her and said, "You should have just replied, “Yes, I WERE reading..." hahahaha. We laughed preeetttyyy hard :)

On Sunday, Hma. Mari came to church! We passed by for William but he never came :( I wonder what happened .... anywho, I played the piano, and had a great Fast Sunday!
It was a really good week and I feel happy! Had many down moments but MANY more UP moments :) I read in D&C 76:22...
"And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of Him, this is the testimony last of all, which we give of him: That He Lives!"
Se que vive mi Señor. Se que Él va a ayudarme con cualquier cosa...y solamente necesito venir a Él. Se que Él es un perfecto ejemplo de la caridad y amor. Yo amo cada persona aqui y cuando yo pienso de "Wow, 11 mas meses..." yo siento triste, El tiempo es bien rapido y quiero disfrutar cada momento aquí! Les amo mucho, cuídense mucho. Lean sus escrituras! Oran! SIEMPRE! 
Les amo y Dios les bendiga!!! :)

Con Amor (y otras cosas como tifoidea y amebas)
Hermana Winsor :) 

 
Hma. Fa'asa decorated my desk to mark my 7 month mark.
I promise my desk is never this disorganized.

Waiting for our last check-up at the hospital, we pulled out our chocolate, looked at each other, and just laughed.
Brown chocolate ... and white chocolate.

Hma. Bingham making brownies for District Activity.

Ice Cream at Jacqueline's shop.
  
District activity: Ice Cream, Brownies, and Games

No comments:

Post a Comment