Thursday, April 10, 2014

Eating rat, cow stomach...and General Conference

Hola mi familia y amigos! 

Guess what this is? 



Yep I ate this. This, oh this is RAT!



Yep, I am eating RAT meat! And guess what? It was SO delicious!!! Like how people hunt for rabbit, well, people here hunt for RATS (in fields). It tastes BETTER than chicken and I had 2 plates of rat meat, which they cook with vegetables and rice.

Well, we visited Martin and Miriam on Tuesday and Saturday. Tuesday we SPECIFICALLY talked about baptism and what it truly means, to take upon the name of Christ. And DAD! I used Mosiah 18, because I remembered you teaching me about the proper way to extend the baptismal commitment. I told them, a baptism isn't just a baptism... you literally take on the name of our Savior.. it is an eternal commitment with our loving Heavenly Father. And well, Saturday, we visited them again....and they told us, "Look, we don't want to be baptized. We want to investigate more because we literally know NO one in Barrio Alto and we feel incredibly awkward." I am not going to have a baptism on Saturday... and I definitely felt like crying when I heard them tell us this... it is so sad to watch someone turn away from so SO many blessings and true happiness. But the POSITIVE part of this is, they want to investigate more! We have transfers on April 14th, so I am praying the next missionaries will find them and touch their hearts.
 
Watching Conference IN ENGLISH in the Bishop´s office with Hermana Eliason! 
WHO LOVED CONFERENCE?! I did!!!!!! Oh my goodness. It was a miracle that Hma Eliason and I could watch it in English! My prayers were answered that we had the technology to do so! The Spanish version played in the chapel and we watched it in the Bishop's office on the computer. Well, the connection wasn't very good so the English version had A LOT of pauses. And we were getting worried that our companions would be angry with us because after 10 pauses, we were about 30 minutes behind. I finally just looked at Hermana Eliason, "You know what, we need to say a prayer because, we need to concentrate on Conference and not concentrate on our companions." And we got on our knees and prayed! And the feeling after, Heavenly Father was there. There were still pauses, but less! And we became grateful for EVERY single pause because we had to time to write, take in and concentrate on what our Heavenly Father wanted for us to hear.

The opening song in the 1st session made me burst into tears, "The night is dark and I am far from home, lead thou me on." (Lead Kindly Light) Hma Eliason and I looked at each other...and we just cried. We felt our Heavenly Father's love... we were grateful for each of His miracles...AND WE KNEW HE WAS THERE WITH US. And He always there with us! I wrote more than 30 pages of notes...and I listened to EVERY talk...and I am grateful for every talk! And every pause! :) I can't wait to receive the Liahona and read the talks! We also had 5 investigators attend the Sunday morning session! Miguel, Martin, Miriam, ARMANDO and someone else but I can't remember right now. I am hoping they received an answer and that they felt their Heavenly Father's infinite love for His children.

Between the Sunday session, we ate MENUDO (cow stomach) with the Bishop's family! And surprise surprise, IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! I loved it!! OH! And the choir director for the institute choir on the Saturday afternoon session was the choir director in the MTC! When Hermana Eliason and I saw his face "OH MY GOSH IT'S HIM!!!!" haha! He did a GREAT job with the institute choir, they were basically a future MoTab! haha.

Well, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to watch conference while on my mission. I prayed and started out my notes with a question...and i DID receive an answer. I know every single person that talked was called from God. Every word we heard was from our Heavenly Father. I know it! I mean, my question was answered directly! I encourage each and every one of you to read and STUDY and then read and study AGAIN the talks in the Ensign. I am going to do it! :) I testify that every time you do this, you will learn something new. I promise this. I know our Heavenly Father knows His children, He loves us and He wants to see us again. I am grateful for the pauses He blessed Hma Eliason and I with, because the Spirit really touched our hearts. 

I can't believe that in 7 days, we are having transfers again! And in 23 days, 6 months!!! WHOA. Crazy :)
I love you all! Keep strong and know that we can abandon our Father in Heaven, but He will NEVER abandon us! :)

DIOS LES BENDIGA!! :)
Con amor,
Hermana Winsor

PS. I received Liz Gunnell's letter, Mom's package with pictures and a letter from the Hall's :) GRACIAS!!! :)
   
We had a MultiZone Activity with the zone of Zacatecas! Hma Calderon was transfered to San Luis Potosi, but Hermana Anderson (who I flew to Mexico with) was in Zacatecas! I was SO SO happy to see her!
Fresnillo and Zacatecas sisters :) I don't know why I look incredibly large in this picture...I promise I have lost about 15 pounds.


This is Hermana Fullmer, who has been in the mission for 6 weeks and her area is Zacatecas....and she came running to me, "Hermana Winsor! I am SO happy I found you! I read your blog EVERY day before I left! It made me so excited to go on my mission and I thank you SO much for creating your blog and I thank your mother for posting your emails and pictures!!! I am your biggest fan!!" My heart REJOICED!!! Mom! People actually read the blog!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO MOM!!!!! :)


And this is how we travel :) On your stereotypical buses! :)
At Family Home Evening/Farewell Party for their son Luis Abraham with the Lopez Yañez Family! We were specially invited as missionaries. I love every single one of these people. My Father in Heaven had blessed me with a 2nd family here in Fresnillo.

 
Luis Abraham (going to serve in the MExico Cuernavaca Mission!) with his parents.
Aaaand Raul and Paulina in the back....hahaha! I cracked up when I saw this!!!!

Lourdes and her grandson Juan Carlos! :) I love them SO much!

Bahaha I really don't need to explain this.
Our zone after Zone Conference! :)

The huge Book of Mormon we gave Cesar.
 
familia Hernandez Lopez, that made the LETTUCE WATER! 


Food with La familia Miranda, HUGE HUGE Hamburgers! I did not finish this, I ate about halfway
and thought I was going to EXPLODE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment