Monday, July 29, 2013

Pre-Mission Bucket List

   I am one of those type of people that when I am about to fall asleep, I get REAL philosophical....or I just think waaay too much for my own good.

   So before I walked into Slumber Town and visited Dreamville, I was thinking about my mission. I was thinking about all the things I need to do to prepare for the MTC, when I enter Aguascalientes and when I get home. I have a Spanish Book of Mormon and I have been reading that to remind me of the 4 years of Spanish I took in high school. I have also been praying hard that my passport will arrive sometime soon so my Visa for Mexico will be sent in on time.

   ANYWHO, when someone is on a LDS mission....their job is to, "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." They learn to focus ENTIRELY on that. They are removed from worldly things and devote their lives to serve/love those in their area. They are removed from different movies, music, etc.
     So no Imagine Dragons, no Hunger Games, no Lord of the Rings, etc. ....it all has to focus on the Gospel and it has to invite the Holy Ghost. I mean, all of the things I mentioned before do make me excited but the Holy Ghost isn't there and therefore it would distract me on my mission.  Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss MANY things on my mission.

-Certain friends and their graduations, mission farewells & homecomings, Marriages, their children being born, etc.
-The music I listen to and play on the piano
-My family. I always get choked up whenever I think about leaving my parents. I think it's more fear because I'm going to be away from family with very little communication for 18 months.

There is A LOT more stuff, but I want to do SO many things before I leave.

1. Go to Seaworld
2. Go to the Zoo at LEAST once.
3. Go shooting
4. Go to the State Fair.
5. Go Ice Skating
6. Go camping

Of course this list will probably grow at an abnormal rate, but hey...a sister missionary can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment