Monday, October 8, 2012

Prayers Answered - I'm Ready Lord!

I've been listening to General Conference ever since I can remember and I've heard stories of how General Conference has "answered prayers" and has changed lives. Don't get me wrong, it does bring a strong and warming Spirit into my life - but I've never had/felt prayers truly be answered.

When I got my Patriarchal Blessing on November 11 2008, it kind of described me going to the Temple and getting ready for a mission (girl's can leave for their mission at the age of 21). I'd also be the only sibling/child in my family who has ever been on a mission. But I always thought that "Oh I'm most likely going to be married by then, maybe it's a mission with my husband!"

Now, the first session of the 182nd General Conference the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, announced men have the option if leaving at 18 years old (high school graduate and prepared) and women can leave at 19 years old.

-19 YEARS OLD-

I turn 18 years old on Saturday.... When President Monson had spoken these words, the Spirit literally hit like a brick wall. I've grown up knowing I'd have to wait till I was 21, with the possibility of me getting married instead. My prayers were answered...Heavenly Father wants me to get ready for the best 18 months of my life....and he wants me to get ready NOW.

I am proud to say, I can start my mission papers next week and I can leave after October 2013. I am ready to go and serve the Lord, being a shining light in my family. I am ready.

All my older siblings (whom I love dearly) have chosen different paths that have made my parents feel that they have failed the Lord and His plan, which has usually made me feel like also a failure...but here's my chance and my parents are absolutely estatic! I pray daily, asking how I can possibly bring my siblings back or at least closer than usual - this might be it! I can go on a mission, make my parents proud and most importantly, the Lord!

I cannot wait to share my testimony and bring those to this wonderful Gospel. I cannot wait to teach the people about the Savior's Atonement and Heavenly Father's love for everyone of His children. I cannot wait to bring the Book of Mormon into so many lives.

After this announcement, I was so proud to see more than half of my friends choose to serve a mission because they are old enough now! I'm so thankful for this Gospel I live in - I feel so much peace and happiness in it.

I'm ready to go and serve Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment