Thursday, March 20, 2014

Trabajemos hoy en la obra del Señor!

I am going to start this off with...
FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS ELDER DAMPT Y SAMI NIELSEN!!! :)

This week I received a new district, and I am the ONLY American in my district! What does this mean? I am going to learn Spanish a LOT faster!!! Haha. They are all super awesome and helpful with EVERYTHING!
My new district: Hermana Hernandez, Hermana Lugo, yo, Hermana Moreno,
Elder Rios y Elder Velazco
We also meet at a different chapel in Fresnillo, and it's literally 2 miles away from our area...and we walk! haha! It is ALL good though because the chapel is BEAUTIFUL and my new district is awesome :)

We ate with the same member who has a piano and I played it AGAIN! And this Sunday, she is going to let me play the piano for sacrament meeting...I AM STOKED!!!!! :) Hma Moreno asked if I could play "All of Me" by Jon Schmidt and she videotaped me! haha. I am only like, SUPER famous :) haha!

We have an investigator who has a store in our area, but lives in another area, se llama Lourdes. Lourdes is SOO kind and hilarious and loves to listen to us as we teach her of her loving Heavenly Father. After we finish each lesson with her, we help her clean, organize and we talk! One day as we were talking, her boyfriend bought raw chiles (her favorite snack) and brought them to us! And well, she told me to eat one... and of course I thought, "She is crazy." But she insisted, "Ay Hermana Winsor, no es picosa! No es picosa!" So, long story short...I ate not only one, but TWO chiles. And she was right, they were a LITTLE spicy but really good! 


As we were teaching Lourdes about prayer, she told us, "I only pray when I am ready to pray." I felt SO sad, I KNOW Heavenly Father is ALWAYS ready to listen and give us blessings. I know this. He is ALWAYS ready to talk to us and hear about our day. He is ALWAYS there. All we need to do is take the first step and drop to our knees.

We had an interesting experience Tuesday night as we returned to our house... Fresnillo is what I call, "La area de Los Borrachos" or The Land of Drunks. We were unlocking to lock to our front gate and a young man approached us and he looked at me, "Vive aqui?" I looked at him, "No." He then said, "Tiene novio?" (Do you have a boyfriend?) My heart skipped about 3,987 beats, "SI." He thought, "Como se llama?" "Uhh....Gabriella." "Tiene Facebook?" "Uh, si." And he left! We waited till he turned the corner down the street and we RAN into our house. I about cried, and I prayed HARD "Please Father in Heaven, please erase his memory...." I know the alcohol will accomplish this desire, but I am praying Father in Heaven will strengthen it. Haha

Everyday this week we ate CARNE! We eat chicken almost EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. It gets SOOOO old. But Sunday, carne. Then the next day, MORE carne....EVERYDAY! Oh it was SUCH a blessing!!!

So, Martin and Miriam didn't attend church yesterday. Their baptismal date fell :( I was SO sad yesterday. During sacrament we received a message, "Sorry, we were walking to the chapel and we received a call to return to the house." I am not going to lie, I put my head in my hands and cried. SATAN IS SO DUMB, I do NOT like him AT ALL! It is SO hard when you KNOW these people are going to be SO blessed in the Gospel, you can see them in the waters of baptism, you can see them receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost … aaaand then their baptismal date changes.

Saturday we taught them about the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. They both drink coffee every morning before work and they both had BIG problems with "No drinking coffee". The mom, Soledad, was there and asked, "Where does it say this in the Bible? Miriam doesn't like church because you are separated after the Sacrament. She doesn't like it also because you don’t have a band and you don't dance, you don't sing." We were getting GRILLED. I thought, "No, this can't be happening. Satan STOP. Father in Heaven PLEASE!!!!"

We were able to control the situation, but the next day, they didn't show. Satan then told me, "You have been on your mission for 5 months, and you haven't had ONE baptism. How pathetic." Did I mention Satan is SUPER stupid? Yeah, and he doesn't even have a BODY.

Anywho, but then after, the advice from mom's last letter, "...your success is not in the number of baptisms. Success is how many people you've learned to love, taught the gospel, or touched their lives in some way - the number of people who have heard your voice regardless how far you got with them." Thank you Mom, thank you for telling me this because I finally just said, "No, I am NOT going to get discouraged. Hermana Moreno, we are going to visit them TODAY." And we did! We were there for 2 hours answering doubts and visiting with them. Some people may say, "Wow, that's too long." If you really love your investigators, you are not going to just give up on them, especially when YOU KNOW they are ready. Thank you Mom for your wisdom and your support, I sure love you like crazy :) Please pray for Martin and Miriam, their baptismal date changed to 5 de abril. PLEASE. They need this Gospel!!!

We found a menos activa, Evangelina. She lives alone and very humbly. We have been trying to find her before, but she was either sick or didn't want to talk to us. When we came to her home yesterday, she said, "Oh Hermanas, COME IN!" …very happily and excited! She is VERY kind and has a beautiful singing voice, I loved visiting with her! And, she has a PUPPY ROTTWEILER - she has a baby ROBBIE! :) I loved it and so many memories of Robbie came flowing into my mind.
Me with baby ROBBIE! (it has a different name, but in my mind, it's Robbie) :)

She grows "napal" in her backyard! Napal is CACTUS. Yep, they eat cactus here. But it was awesome to learn about how she grows them and how she cooks them. Walking into her house for the first time, I was once again humbled, I have NO room to complain, NEVER will I EVER have room to complain! I have air conditioning in Arizona, I have a heater, I have money to buy medicine (Evangelina is very sick, and doesn't have money to buy medicine, so she just suffers.) I love Evangelina and her desire to visit with us and to listen to the words of her loving Heavenly Father.

Es hora de español ....
Esta semana nos enseña 42 LECCIONES! Hemos logrado nuestro objetivo, encontramos un montón de gente, y cómo? Hemos cambiado todo. Tenemos más buscamos gente en la calle para enseñar, nuestro deseo de encontrar a más personas aumentaron! Y lo más importante, Hma Moreno y yo teníamos más unidad. Sé que el Padre Celestial ha preparado el corazón de cada persona. Por ejemplo, ayer cuando estábamos en Zapata, un hombre me preguntó: "¿Habla usted español?" Me eché a reír. "Sí, hermano, y ¿cuál es tu nombre?" "Mi nombre es Antonio Ugo. Quiero escuchar lo que tienen que decir." Uhhh, ¿QUÉ?!? Esto no es normal ... que quiere oír! Padre Celestial ha preparado muchas bendiciones para todos sus hijos, pero tenemos que hacer nuestra parte - esta es la verdad. Esta semana fue muy buena, he recibido muchas bendiciones y más amor por cada persona. Yo estoy aquí para amar y servir, no sólo bautizar. Me encanta el trabajo misionero, me siento orgulloso de ser un representante de Jesucristo.

Love you family! DIOS LES BENDIGA SIEMPRE! :) :)
Hermana Winsor

For P day, we played SOCCER with our zone again... I MADE TWO GOALS!!!!! :) :) 


Hermana Eliason y yo comiendo ICE CREAM!

Do you see all the BROWN in the horizon? This is when it was CRAZY windy on Sunday and we were walking in dirty windy, breathing dirty wind and covered in dirty wind!

 
This is for you Mom and Dad - a smile :) Love you :)


Menos activa, Evangelina If you look at the Napal, over our heads is a Napal shaped into a heart, "I'm going to sell this heart shaped cactus for millions of pesos" is what she told us! :)


MY TAN FEET .... and my tan line.... the flash ruined the intensity of the tan....but it is pretty ridiculous. 



A note Dana Alatorre gave us after a lesson, "Ermanas, las quiero mocho y quiero que bengan ciempre." I shed a few happy tears :)  (Translation:“Hermanas, las quiero mucho y quiero que vengan siempre” or “I love you, and want you to always come.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment